Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1626282930313233343536

Thread: GSG Schmeisser STG 44 in 22LR FREE SHIPPING

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    Wipe down with mineral spirits and drag it down the street?
    The pic doesn't do it justice. The real gun almost has a pink hue to it! Simulates rust red and yellow tones.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Pot metal is a generic term not a specific type of metal .
    AR's are aluminum & not magnetic .
    One possible ingredient in "pot metal" is lead [heavy]
    I'm sure what ever mixture they are using is superior to the early low quality stuff found it toys .
    Time will tell how these stand up . I have no intention of getting rid of mine any time soon
    I'm well experienced with pot metal, the point I was trying to make is that just because a magnet doesn't stick, doesn't make it pot metal.
    I am sure these will stand up as well or better than their 1911's which have alloy makeup on them too. I certainly don't blame you for hanging onto yours. As soon as I get the go ahead from the fun police I'll be getting one (apparently this home reno things somehow has priority)
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Pot metal is a generic term not a specific type of metal .
    One possible ingredient in "pot metal" is lead [heavy]
    I'm sure what ever mixture they are using is superior to the early low quality stuff found it toys .
    Time will tell how these stand up . I have no intention of getting rid of mine any time soon
    Here you go:

ZAMAK alloys were first developed during the 1920's by The New Jersey Zinc Company. The name ZAMAK draws upon the basic metallurgy of the alloy group: Z-Zinc, A-Aluminum, MA-Magnesium, and K-Kopper (e.g., German). In the United States, ZAMAK 3 is the most common alloy for hot chamber die casting. With a combination of superior mechanical properties and low melting/manufacturing costs, it fulfills the needs for most die casting applications. Other ZAMAK alloys include ZAMAK 2, ZAMAK 5, and ZAMAK 7. Common to each alloy is a consistent Aluminum content range, however, the alloys differ in specification by varying amounts of copper, magnesium, and nickel - resulting in different mechanical and physical properties.
    You are either trained or untrained, and you
    will always fall to the level of your training.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weapontech View Post
    Here you go:

ZAMAK alloys were first developed during the 1920's by The New Jersey Zinc Company. The name ZAMAK draws upon the basic metallurgy of the alloy group: Z-Zinc, A-Aluminum, MA-Magnesium, and K-Kopper (e.g., German). In the United States, ZAMAK 3 is the most common alloy for hot chamber die casting. With a combination of superior mechanical properties and low melting/manufacturing costs, it fulfills the needs for most die casting applications. Other ZAMAK alloys include ZAMAK 2, ZAMAK 5, and ZAMAK 7. Common to each alloy is a consistent Aluminum content range, however, the alloys differ in specification by varying amounts of copper, magnesium, and nickel - resulting in different mechanical and physical properties.
    Like I said in the new thread

The name zamak is an acronym of the German names for the metals of which the alloys are composed: Zink (zinc), Aluminium, Magnesium and Kupfer (copper).[2] The New Jersey Zinc Company developed zamak alloys in 1929. While zinc alloys are popularly referred to as pot metal or white metal, zamak is held to higher industrial standards
    Last edited by #1bcshooter; 09-06-2015 at 12:10 PM.
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Just got mine from you guys. I was very impressed with the look and feel of it! Thanks!