Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Range Ventilation is Finally Coming! Closure notice!

If lighting has changed then something is not right. There is not enough light for sure i just been to the range a couple of days ago. The light is spotty, uneven on a target and not bright enough. Shooting bullseye at 25m - no fun , as there is barely any light on the targets there. I hope lighting improves - it has been my only issue with the range. Well - other than the ban of the 7.62x39

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    C
    Quote Originally Posted by O.S. View Post
    If lighting has changed then something is not right. There is not enough light for sure i just been to the range a couple of days ago. The light is spotty, uneven on a target and not bright enough. Shooting bullseye at 25m - no fun , as there is barely any light on the targets there. I hope lighting improves - it has been my only issue with the range. Well - other than the ban of the 7.62x39
    Ban on 7.62x39? You couldnt shoot it before....

I havent seen the lighting, so I will take your word and tell the contractor to improve.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

No 308?

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    C

Ban on 7.62x39? You couldnt shoot it before....

I havent seen the lighting, so I will take your word and tell the contractor to improve.

JR
    For sure there was no 7.62x39 before and that has not changed. I understand why and just wish it was possible to shoot though.

As for the lighting - it did change from yellow to blue but thats about it. Some stalls are better than others though. The one I used last had lighting so bad that at 8 m it only lit half of the target and even the lit part was dimm. I had to hunt for the more or less acceptable light moving the target back and forth as the range of light is very narrow. I feel like the bulbs are spot lights rather than omni fill. I asked the range officer about the lighting and he told me it will get better but when you said it was already done I thought I would bring this up. I love everything else about the range and already refered more members in.
    I am looking forward to improved lighting. It would make this great range simply awesome.

For sure there was no 7.62x39 before and that has not changed. I understand why and just wish it was possible to shoot though.

As for the lighting - it did change from yellow to blue but thats about it. Some stalls are better than others though. The one I used last had lighting so bad that at 8 m it only lit half of the target and even the lit part was dimm. I had to hunt for the more or less acceptable light moving the target back and forth as the range of light is very narrow. I feel like the bulbs are spot lights rather than omni fill. I asked the range officer about the lighting and he told me it will get better but when you said it was already done I thought I would bring this up. I love everything else about the range and already refered more members in.
    I am looking forward to improved lighting. It would make this great range simply awesome.
    I am glad you brought up the lighting. I spent a pile of $$ about 2 years to increase the lighting and was promised by the same contractor that this new set up would be the same.

Obviously not. I will get on it.

We will allow 7.62x39, just not surplus ammo. It cannot be steel core or steel jacket. I ordered a pallet of new PMC.

JR

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    No 308?
    .308 is no problemo. Again, no steel core or steel jacket.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

J.R. Another report from today - I just shot at range B today and the lighting IS much much better there. Lighting at 25m is a bit worse than the rest of the lenghth but still way better than before. I can not comment on other stalls but the one I used was just fine. So I guess my previous complaints only valid for range A where the lighting was not good last time I used a week ago.
    Again some stalls were better tgan others so when your contractor checks they should check every stall at all distances.

Great news re 7.62x39!!!

J.R. Another report from today - I just shot at range B today and the lighting IS much much better there. Lighting at 25m is a bit worse than the rest of the lenghth but still way better than before. I can not comment on other stalls but the one I used was just fine. So I guess my previous complaints only valid for range A where the lighting was not good last time I used a week ago.
    Again some stalls were better tgan others so when your contractor checks they should check every stall at all distances.
    I will pass this on. For me, lighting is extremely important.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN frequent flyer
    i shot in two different lanes this past weekend in range B and the lighting was still patchy and unevenly distributed. it looks like spotlights are installed right now which give uneven light.

i think fluorescent tubes with reflectors (or LED equivalent) installed on an angle with the light facing down range may get rid of the patchy light. maybe threaded rod dropped down from the beams to unistrut and then the fixtures mounted to the unistrut.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast