Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Range Ventilation is Finally Coming! Closure notice!

CGN Regular
    I'm going through shooting withdrawal open soon
    I love guns
    Norinco 1911, Cz97b, G17, Girson 16, G21, G41, SW 1911, USP, Tanfoglio, Mk23, Conan, Sig Super Target
    Cx4, Aero Survival, BushMaster Ar,Tavor, 9mm AR, 9mm Vector, Udp9

Can we get an update on the probationary shoots? I was in a class a few weeks ago that said we would likely be called immediately after the range closure was complete which was due the following week. We were also informed that our membership had officially started at the end of that class. Close to week 3 now since the class and still no phone call to schedule what was supposed to be a quick shoot. I called a couple days ago to inquire about it, and was informed that while the range was open, it was going to be probably another 2 weeks until I get a call to SCHEDULE a shoot. So that will be a month after my membership "started".

Keep in mind I paid for my membership in full months ago. I've been waiting patiently for this shoot, and to be told that the reason why it was going to be another 2 weeks is because it wasn't fair to other members who had to deal with the range closure to have more lanes, well that pisses me off a little because I am a member as well. I understand delays happen, but don't treat me like a second class member.

Quote Originally Posted by bruh View Post
    Can we get an update on the probationary shoots? I was in a class a few weeks ago that said we would likely be called immediately after the range closure was complete which was due the following week. We were also informed that our membership had officially started at the end of that class. Close to week 3 now since the class and still no phone call to schedule what was supposed to be a quick shoot. I called a couple days ago to inquire about it, and was informed that while the range was open, it was going to be probably another 2 weeks until I get a call to SCHEDULE a shoot. So that will be a month after my membership "started".

Keep in mind I paid for my membership in full months ago. I've been waiting patiently for this shoot, and to be told that the reason why it was going to be another 2 weeks is because it wasn't fair to other members who had to deal with the range closure to have more lanes, well that pisses me off a little because I am a member as well. I understand delays happen, but don't treat me like a second class member.
    I'm in the same boat, and I think we deserve an explanation here. I was never told membership starts after the CLSC, it doesn't make sense at all. We paid one year membership fee, and we want a full year. Members that have to deal with range closure should get the time automatically credit to them. i.e. Two weeks extension in this case.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Its an entirely new system. Designed by Engineered Air.

Its not a recirculating system as they are suspect and once contaminated, never the same....

Clean, filtered air in, moving approx 80 fps over the shooters and sucked out in a couple of places down range, filtered and blown outside.

We are putting in a system that heats and cools... :-)

Cost per side; approx $100k

JR
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Contributing Business Member Target Sports Canada's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bruh View Post

Quote Originally Posted by xiaozliu View Post
    I'm in the same boat, and I think we deserve an explanation here. I was never told membership starts after the CLSC, it doesn't make sense at all. We paid one year membership fee, and we want a full year. Members that have to deal with range closure should get the time automatically credit to them. i.e. Two weeks extension in this case.
    Moving the club operation from the hands of a few folks to the in-house team is not without it's share of hiccups. Rest assured, we're still going through the growing pains of the club switch, and so far, there haven't been any real safety shoots as of yet.

Don't worry about your membership being chomped away by the current situation, we've got a lot of people to move through and we will make sure your membership starts AFTER the safety shoot. You'll be taken care of
    Target Sports Canada
    905-888-8288
    Target Sports Canada
    Shop Target Sports Canada
    info@targetsportscanada.com
    websales@targetsportscanada.com

Store/Range Hours:
    Monday - Saturday 10AM-9PM
    Sunday & Holidays 10AM-6PM

Social Media:
    Instagram | Facebook | Canadian Gun Nutz
    Reviews: reviews@targetsportscanada.com

Delays happen, but I respect those who have the "say it, do it" attitude. I was told the probationary shoot would be happening ASAP after the range closure ended. Well the range closure ended, and then there was a new excuse of it "wasn't fair" to other current members to take up a single lane. Stop the excuses and just start doing what you say. I wouldn't be upset about my shoot being delayed because of issues with the upgrade, but thats not the case. It's another instance of being told one thing while doing another.

I'm glad to hear the membership won't start until after the probationary shoot, but it still highlights a communication breakdown between management and the front line employees.

Thanks for taking the time to respond either way. The upgrades look / sound fantastic, so I can't wait to finally get shooting there.

Don't forget it takes at least 3 weeks to get our LTATT, we still won't be able to play our restricted toys before Sep 3 without it. For people only have restricted, they still not able to use your range. Either helping us get our LTATT before probationary shoot, or schedule our probationary shoot right away please.

So can I shoot 7.62x39 if I showed up at the range today? Do you have the ammo I can buy for that?

CGN frequent flyer
    Well I just want to say the new HVAC seems to be working great, normally its really hot in there in the summer, and after a bit of shooting I manage to work up a good sweat. I think for the first time I actually experienced a cool breeze in there! Anyways love it! Cant wait for the new bays to go in....Lighting seemed good too in range B, didnt really matter at what distance I had the targets they all seemed to have pretty good lighting

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post

Cost per side; approx $100k

JR
    I'm glad to hear you are doing it right. The cost is high but this is the right way to do it. That 80fpm spec is backed by the NRA in their indoor range design publication, which itself comes from the US military specification for ranges.

This is almost the exact same system that we did with the RCMP training academy ranges in Regina.

Occasionally some users do gripe about the unwanted breeze coming up behind them (I personally like it) but people need to remember that these ventilation systems are not installed for the comfort of the shooters. First and foremost they were designed for OH&S reasons. While a recreation shooter is only in the range occasionally and voluntarily and risk very little lead exposure, the people who actually work at the range are there many hours a day, day in day out. Their safety is more important than the shooter's comfort.

For those curious where the 80fpm number comes from, it is sort of interesting and it definitely wasn't pulled out of a hat.

The ideal minimum is 75fpm across the firing line (typically supplied by a pressurized perforated plenum wall behind the shooters). The air velocity must be maintained at around 30fpm for at least half way down the range before it reaches the bullet trap and the air must remain turbulence free. If the air velocity is too low or if there is too much turbulence the lead dust will begin to quickly accumulate on the floor. This is another hazard if there is no motorized target retrieval system and users track the dust back to the shooting line. Even with adequate ventilation you still need frequent wet mopping of the floor and a respirator should be worn by staff when cleaning up around the bullet traps.

Long story short, lead is no joke. I am glad to hear you are doing the right thing for you and your staff.

No one wants to see a repeat of the incident at Wade's Eastside Guns back in 2012 (46 people severely poisoned, including families of people who worked there).

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast