The Modern Varmint rifle

+ 1

A standard charging handle would be most welcome.

The manner in which the upper is retained to the lower totally precludes the use of an AR15 charge handle, the only way that we could employ a standard AR15 charge handle is to make an AR variant, which we already do and like all other ARs is Restricted.
You can have it either way, just not both.

The manner in which the upper is retained to the lower totally precludes the use of an AR15 charge handle, the only way that we could employ a standard AR15 charge handle is to make an AR variant, which we already do and like all other ARs is Restricted.
You can have it either way, just not both.

Much prefer side charger and non restricted!

sorry if this has been covered, but have a few questions:

is the SFSS inspection process a submit and wait game, or do they provide you (ATRS) with updates and information requests along the way? if it is a submit and wait game, i will assume there is no info to give us.

also, once the varmint is approved will it go straight into production? any plans to staff up? with only so many resources available for production, the lead times for the hunter and varmint (and MM) could get quite long as i anticipate demand will [continue] to be stong

sorry if this has been covered, but have a few questions:

is the SFSS inspection process a submit and wait game, or do they provide you (ATRS) with updates and information requests along the way? if it is a submit and wait game, i will assume there is no info to give us.

also, once the varmint is approved will it go straight into production? any plans to staff up? with only so many resources available for production, the lead times for the hunter and varmint (and MM) could get quite long as i anticipate demand will [continue] to be stong

Like most government, the SFSS works on their own time schedule, so we have absolutely no clue as to when we might see anything from them. I suspect the more we bug them the longer they will take.
The second we get the approval materials will be ordered and full production will begin, simply as what we submitted IS a production rifle rather than a prototype as we did with the MH.

As for further expansion both in the shop and staff, it is in the plan, but until after October decides what is in the future we are going to stall.
If God forbid Tommy the Commie or Trudeau2.0 gets in things may change dramatically for the gun culture as we know it today, so to extend my neck even further seems like less than a wise move until we know what is in store for the next 4 years.

Would you offer multiple uppers for this? IE .223 & 6.8spc & .204 ruger etc

223 and 204 yes. The other less useful calibers, no. Partly due to the bolt failure issues they have, the mag issues they have and the fact that it is harder to sell large caliber as a varmint rifle.
That is not to say that some individuals will not take it upon themselves to change bolts and barrels to other calibers, but they do so on their own completely.

thanks very much for the reply - will continue to watch your dealer forum for updates and more MH pics

Like most government, the SFSS works on their own time schedule, so we have absolutely no clue as to when we might see anything from them. I suspect the more we bug them the longer they will take.
The second we get the approval materials will be ordered and full production will begin, simply as what we submitted IS a production rifle rather than a prototype as we did with the MH.

As for further expansion both in the shop and staff, it is in the plan, but until after October decides what is in the future we are going to stall.
If God forbid Tommy the Commie or Trudeau2.0 gets in things may change dramatically for the gun culture as we know it today, so to extend my neck even further seems like less than a wise move until we know what is in store for the next 4 years.

Agreed; the 204 Ruger would be very interesting as would the 17 Remington. I'm still keen on one chambered in 6x45 Remington though.

Rick; providing you had a reamer, or I supplied you with a reamer, would ATRS build an MV chambered in 6x45? Would you accept a customer supplied reamer, or barrel for that matter?

Edit: Assuming you will be chambering the MV is 204 Ruger then a 6-204 shouldn't be a stretch. That may prove to be a very accurate round in your MV as it shares the same case volume of the 6mm PPC and very closely resembles the 6x47 which was a popular benchrest cartridge. Dies and reamers will be more difficult to source though. Just thinking out loud here.

Last edited:
My MH has shot 1/2 MOA right out of the box so long as I do my job correctly behind the gun. I'll be first in line to proudly buy a MV too. As Canadians we all owe Rick and Dustin and their ATRS team our gratitude for taking a chance and making these highly accurate NR rifles a reality.

My MH has shot 1/2 MOA right out of the box so long as I do my job correctly behind the gun. I'll be first in line to proudly buy a MV too. As Canadians we all owe Rick and Dustin and their ATRS team our gratitude for taking a chance and making these highly accurate NR rifles a reality.

You should post some pics of your 1/2 Moa groups in the modern hunter thread. A lot of us have been waiting to see a constant 1/2 MOA groups, I haven't had a chance to get mine out yet, soon hopefully

What kind of trigger with the MV come with? Can it take standard AR15 triggers?

You said it will be less expensive than the MH, how much less?

What kind of trigger with the MV come with? Can it take standard AR15 triggers?

You said it will be less expensive than the MH, how much less?

I believe it to be a timney, no it cant.

Jury is out on price. Market, material cost and various other factors will come into play. If i were you aim for 3500$ as a generous amount. Where did that number come from you ask? Thats the base cost of the MH.

Back
Top Bottom