The Modern Varmint rifle

I'm assuming these will also have the single stage Timney drop in trigger? Would it be possible to have a 2 stage giessele trigger instead? Or is that linked to the FRT classification (in terms of ability to swap parts).

I have a fairly strong suspicion that they'll use the same trigger design as the Modern Hunter, although I'm sure ATRS will chime in to confirm or deny.

I'm assuming these will also have the single stage Timney drop in trigger? Would it be possible to have a 2 stage giessele trigger instead? Or is that linked to the FRT classification (in terms of ability to swap parts).

It won't. We have tried for several years to do business with Gieselle and it seems they simply don't want to, hence our engineering our rifles to work only with Timney triggers.
To employ another trigger system would require major redesign work.

It won't. We have tried for several years to do business with Gieselle and it seems they simply don't want to, hence our engineering our rifles to work only with Timney triggers.
To employ another trigger system would require major redesign work.

I had a feeling that was the case, reading and looking at the MH. Oh well, I like Timney too!

Hi Bonjour43ma,
I'm curious, why in a SHTF situation are you more likely to reach for a Tavor, ACR, or XCR, than a MV?

Probably for reliability with any 223/5.56 ammo you can ge your hands on. I would go straight to one of my AR's, in a SHTF scenario classification won't matter any more and it's the easiest rifle to find parts for.

Back
Top Bottom