Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What do I have to do to sell 40 S&W

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    In my humble opinion, .40S&W is an a popular niche spot between 9mm and .45acp, but is not nearly as popular as either for civilian shooters. The bulk of people I have seen shooting .40 are RCMP or provincial police. I also think that a bulk of the .40 shooters load their own.

Just my .02.
    RCMP use 9MM from what I have seen.

CGN Regular
    All of the above and, there's a reason Henry at Budget takes July and August off. He's been at this a while so I'm guessing experience tells him that they're dead months.

Camping, biking, hiking, canoing, gear, sure np. Ammo and reloading, not so much. Most people stocked up at the beginning of the season. Wont need to reload till

September or Halloween. Not your fault, just bad timing.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Western Metal Inc View Post
    We put on a special sale price but are not getting any traction.
    Let me know - are we not competitive? Do you prefer a different brand? Did your wife hide your credit card? If it's the credit card one please leave us a smiley face.
    If there is a better price out there for 40 please let us know. But there are some rules.

1) The inventory must be in stock and ready to sell.
    2) All products must be available in Canada.
    3) Products must be the equivalent of the products we are listing.
    4) The products must be listed on line and you must post a link to this product.
    5) Orders must have shipping as an option.
    6) All communications must be done respectfully.

Thank you.

http://www.westernmetal.ca/shooting/...e-1000-pmc-40e
    I see in your link that it's PMC. That stuff has a bad rep lately, I wouldn't buy any unless it was crazy super cheap.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN Regular
    The sale from another dealer everyone is refering to is this one, where they were selling the 1000 case for 319.99$ (regular price 399.99$)

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d-link)/page30

I don't run .40
    Attaining a lifestyle nothing short of enviable...essentially, living the dream.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post
    ... and since they are well established as an excellent dealer....
    I can't offer any opinion specific to the 40 ammo, but I read the thread just out of curiosity.
    Maybe I'm completely out of the loop, but the business name is unfamiliar to me, so I looked further.
    On the website, I searched for information about the business location, including under "about" and "contact" and there is nothing.
    Buyers like to know these things, and it could be that this small detail tips the scale in favor of other businesses.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    I bought 1000 rounds for $255 earlier this month. Factory reloads.
    Last edited by fenceline; 07-18-2015 at 08:09 AM.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    I recall a sale that was hyped for some time, became somewhat of a bust, people complained and then you dropped the price for those who ordered. Also it was only for a few cases.

Felt like you were playing games with people so I won't buy from you.

Maybe it has something to do with these business practices.
    CSSA Member

After the "reverse auction" with the desert eagle I have been a little hesitant about your sales. I was watching the auction and would have bought in the 1400-1500 range but suddenly you pulled it down. Any reverse auction I've ever been involved in goes til purchase... Not just to drive web traffic and then pull it when it reaches a price point that may influence a purchaser.
    There are some scammy firearms sites out there so things like this scare people off from considering you in the future. Not grouping you with these others but perception is a big deal with firearms purchasers, especially when dealing online.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    I bought 1000 rounds for $255 earlier this month. Factory reloads.
    Ditto

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast