Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: In Ontario what is the expected time for a registration transfer and STATT

Don't expect to find out.
    Back in April I sold 4 restricted firearms.
    1 took 2 days
    2 took about 7 business days
    The last one took 5 weeks.

Been waiting on the CFO to approve transfer on a S&W 15/22 for about 2 weeks now. My DD AR transfer only took 4 days

Quote Originally Posted by Sudbury shooter View Post
    Been waiting 3 weeks to send out a rifle. Somebody told me the rcmp got hacked and it's going to take even longer this time.
    This is confirmed, I called in Monday to check on the status of my LTATT when I could not reach their website online. I was told the had sustained a viral attack....
    Mmmmhmmm, so instead of completing transfers, someone is surfing illicit websites...cough cough pron cough cough lol

BTW the above statement might be why my transfers take weeks... not days... lol
    “The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    CSSA - CCFR - NFA - IPSC

Quote Originally Posted by cferrier View Post
    This is confirmed, I called in Monday to check on the status of my LTATT when I could not reach their website online. I was told the had sustained a viral attack....
    Mmmmhmmm, so instead of completing transfers, someone is surfing illicit websites...cough cough pron cough cough lol

BTW the above statement might be why my transfers take weeks... not days... lol
    Hmmmm.. I just read a headline on the paper stand about CSIS getting hacked at "Cabinet Level" so this is perhaps related. However, once the transfer process leaves the Canadian Firearms Centre/Program (RCMP) and is sent to Ontario CFO (OPP Orillia) isn't it out of the RCMP sphere?
    Shoot straight and shoot safe

I just spoke to someone at the cfo in Ontario and the lady said they are backlogged.. no surprise there.. and that they are 3 weeks behind so right now that is the typical wait time. I'm at about 1.5 weeks since it's been in there hands..

Summer time is handgun season it seems..... thanks for the scoop from Orillia.. saves me the call I was going to make. makes iot 2 weeks to go for my two purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by plinkercases View Post
    Summer time is handgun season it seems..... thanks for the scoop from Orillia.. saves me the call I was going to make. makes iot 2 weeks to go for my two purchases.
    No problem. Sucks that we have to wait 3 weeks and then who knows how much longer until the registration certificate arrives.. frustrating to say the least.

I just called again for an update they are working on transfer from July 6th they said it will be next week that will make it 4 weeks to get a transfer done !!! Slightly irratated now !!

Seems my post has opened pandoras box....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Miaugi's Avatar
    Recent transfers I've done as both buyer and seller are running about 2 weeks, the hold up seems to be the Ontario CFO, at least according to what the RCMP tell me.

Life is short, make the most of it!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast