Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: St. Paul, AB CQB Clinic 19-20 Sep 2015 Debrief Here!

CGN Regular
    I am attending a wedding on the 19th otherwise I would be there for certain. I hope it goes well this year and it will become an annual course so I can get in there in 2016.

I am in! Just sent EMT.

How many guns should we be bringing? I intend to bring my 10" AR and a pistol however when I read the equipment list I think I should be bringing a third non-restricted. Is this right? If so, is there an option that would be best for getting the most out of the weekend?

Iron sight?
    different caliber?
    etc?

Thanks

Jason

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by call2arms View Post
    How many guns should we be bringing? I intend to bring my 10" AR and a pistol however when I read the equipment list I think I should be bringing a third non-restricted. Is this right? If so, is there an option that would be best for getting the most out of the weekend?

Iron sight?
    different caliber?
    etc?

Thanks

Jason
    That NR option is for those who have NO restricted rifles at all. You do and you should use the restricted stuff. Just shoot the same platform the entire weekend and you will benefit the most by NOT switching platforms. It's that simple.

Getting closer and closer. In Virden, MB tonight and ready for the M14 clinic at Wolverine Sports!

Barney

CGN Regular
    I am in Barney. I just sent the EMT.

Only two more sleeps..cant wait!
    So rumor has it you can't fix stupid..but apparently you can shoot it in the nuts with a pepper ball.

Business Member
    One more sleep!

It's Friday morning here in beautiful Turner Valley (gotta love them foothills). I'm packing my truck for the journey up to St. Paul and the range. Will do a range recon / recce this afternoon.

It's sunny, we are in Alberta, we are above ground today; What's not to like?

Cheers,

Barney

Business Member
    Safely in St Paul motel right now. Time to do a range recce.

Cheers, Barney

Business Member
    Allrighty then....

I'm back from my range recce. Some points to know before setting out tomorrow.

* The property is on the East side of Sec Hwy 881... you will see TWO green signs (don't worry)
    * Drive PAST the ranch house and keep going the double car garage / workshop/ gym/classroom complex.. PARK THERE
    * Bathroom is available for use... it flushes , too!
    * You will see my Tacoma Grey Dbl cab short bed there!
    * Gather there for 0900 , nice and casual
    * Bring some sandwiches for lunch and lots of drinks and snacks for the day.
    * We will eat back at the gym/classroom/shop/garage complex
    * Once we complete our admin and classroom session we will convoy another 500m or so to the range.
    * Wear sturdy boots/footwear, the footpath to the shooting range is down a track to the ravine/range with a super backstop
    * organize your gear so that you can pack it down the footpath (guessing 80 yards or so) We will discuss this technique/method/ritual

There you go... forecast calls for 20 degree celsius temperatures.. Likely shaded in that ravine/range

Have a great sleep , if you can. I know you AB dudes are excited and deprived of CQB fun!

Cheers,
    Barney

That was a really great time. The private range in the wooded ravine is a beautiful place for a weekend of shooting. Apparently the really fun stuff is yet to come. Money well spent.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast