Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15252728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Cz 858

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman18 View Post
    So you want to pay a grand for a decent rifle with a 5 round limit? IDK about you but there are better options out there, but if you really want one go ahead and buy it.
    Have you heard of the Valmet by chance.... for 3 to 5 times that price you can still have a 5 round limit.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    I wonder what the whiners are complaining about... The CSA knockoffs are going for $1300... Only come with 2 mags, and no bayo...

Some people live in the past. But hey, if you want to sell me a $99 SKS, or a $50 Enfield, drop me a note.

$995 is a very fair price in today's market.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Have you heard of the Valmet by chance.... for 3 to 5 times that price you can still have a 5 round limit.
    He sounds like another "it's just an SKS" kind of guy.
    We stand on guard for thee.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    So you want to pay a grand for a decent rifle with a 5 round limit? IDK about you but there are better options out there, but if you really want one go ahead and buy it.
    Other than the ar and tavor, no functionally for a fighting rifle in canada there really isn't any other option that comes close. And tavor can be argued against for being a bullpup. I would argue its up there. Nothing from norinco. So worth? At 1g its getting steep but yes it's still worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasontheterrible View Post
    Good news, but curious what is the justification of the $300 markup from the priors of $695,.. the dollar isn't tanked that bad?
    Well if I remember correctly that was the price when the loonie was almost on par with the dollar. So to make it simple let's say that the rifles were $700 USD and if they stayed at that price, with today's exchange rate you would be looking at $920. Now I know that this comparison is not exact to the cent but I'm sure you catch my drift. The mark up from the older pricing is not outrageous by any means and it is a hell of great deal if you compare it what some other dealer is trying to milk out of people with the "exclusive" Type81.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

Tagged.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

I was going to head out today to buy a CZ455 (first firearm purchase), but I think that can wait until after I get my hands on a 858!

Quote Originally Posted by grelmar View Post
    I wonder what the whiners are complaining about... The CSA knockoffs are going for $1300... Only come with 2 mags, and no bayo...

Some people live in the past. But hey, if you want to sell me a $99 SKS, or a $50 Enfield, drop me a note.

$995 is a very fair price in today's market.
    Once again if you want to buy it go ahead, but you can get a VZ58 for $999 with a little googling and they can accept 10 round pistol mags. Also with a little help from the internet you can find the T97 for $850 which once again accepts 10 round mags. I don't want to make a big issue over the quality of the 858's but I know the one I use to have had some issues and that's why a few people in this thread where asking about the warranties. If you want to blow money that's on you but with a grand you have some options.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    As long as you remember our prices are determined by our cost, not what the market will pay. Now if I followed the example of some members of CGN on the EE and sold these CZ 858 for $1,500.00 I could clean up a cool $211,090.00 extra ! Some might think me foolish but I sleep at night.

Mind you that is very tempting, what could I do with an extra $211,090.00, decisions decisions may be I should put the price up to the maximum I could get for them?
    I got the feeling Mr. Wolverine is referencing me.

In my defense of being the first to sell a 858 for 1500$ for a new one when the classification reversed back to non restricted, you guys did state on a previous date that you would never bring them in again. Im sorry to say you guys with the help of the government inadvertently drove the price up. It would be foolish of me not to benefit from that fact considering I'm hardly a rich dude.

Regardless a g-note for a new 858 is not a bad price. Im almost tempted to buy a new one again.
    Last edited by Ebola; 03-23-2016 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Speillling

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Once again if you want to buy it go ahead, but you can get a VZ58 for $999 with a little googling and they can accept 10 round pistol mags. Also with a little help from the internet you can find the T97 for $850 which once again accepts 10 round mags. I don't want to make a big issue over the quality of the 858's but I know the one I use to have had some issues and that's why a few people in this thread where asking about the warranties. If you want to blow money that's on you but with a grand you have some options.
    $995 is less than $999. The cz and csa are very similar. And you want to talk about issues and then suggest a type 97? Hahahaha that's just comedy gold