Thread: A picture is worth a thousand words !

A picture is worth a thousand words !

I had the opportunity to acquire a cracked 10-22 receiver from a local shooting club. Happens often I hear. Gave me the idea to cut it in half so I could post it next to one of our DAR-22's. This is what we try to explain to everyone thinking of buying a DAR from us, just how much more strength it has than a factory receiver. Keep in mind, theirs is cast 6061 and ours is drawn 7075-T6...

Name:  cutaway.jpg
Views: 1334
Size:  46.2 KB

The accuracy of a .22 has much to due with the joining and rigidity of the barrel and receiver and how well that joint takes the stresses, shock, heat expansion etc.. When we custom fit a barrel into our DAR-22 it is solid, tight and planted. Even with a 16.5" or 18" bull barrel our receiver is like a rock. The other guys ? Can you say "wet noodle...?"

Need more info on the best made 10-22 variant out there, our DAR-22 ? Just drop me an email or call me at the shop and I will walk you through any questions.

Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.

awesome sauce
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of #### by the clean end.

I have been very happy with mine.
    The accuracy, fit and finish are excellent.

Thanks for your help today with the AMT "Hardballer".
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

hmm i might have to look into you guys for my 10/22. i over the years the screw holes on the top of mine have stripped, there are a few ways toi fix it from the bubba garage method to doing it right but i have kinda thought about going aftermarket on it, this might be a winner
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Expendable Nate's Avatar
    Well that makes up my mind
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance. Be specific about what you want.

CSSA
    IPSC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Where do they crack? The DAR 22 might have a little flaw with the sharp inside edge where the factory is a radius. Bit of a stress concentration. But more than enough material to make up for it by the looks of it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    ^thinking the same thing. That top left inside rounded corner is the only thing holding the competition together haha

What 10/22 is this the left one, ruger? or other? Not a lot of information for a true comparison.
    Peace through superior firepower.
    Member: NFA, CCFR & CSSA

The one on the left is a factory Ruger 10-22 receiver. The one on the right is our standard DAR-22 with integral Picatinny rail.

The radius means nothing in terms of strength. All of the functioning stresses in this receiver are axial. The barrel pulling down once tightened with the v-block puts stress axially on the top section,where our receiver is thickest. The bolt slamming back and forth puts stress axially on the thinnest section, where the ejection port is. That is where this factory Ruger receiver cracked. On our DAR-22 it's the top section that lends it's support to the rest of the receiver to add strength to the thinner parts that have to be thinner due to the overall basic design of the gun. A good, solid backbone is everything in these rifles.

Also remember that the drawn 7075-T6 we make the DAR-22 from is roughly 85% stronger than the cast 6061 of the Ruger. And because it is drawn bar, with the grain structure running axially through the material, you are buying the strongest 10-22 variant receiver on the market, period.

Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.

You guys should make a pistol caliber carbine.