Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Usability of Cadex Chassis

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    I have been really interested in Cadex Chassis and have been looking into using one for my next build, just had some questions though. Looking at the Field Tactical model.

What do people use those side rails for? I mean you can even add another two side rails, but what are some options of things that are even mounted here? I haven't been able to find a single picture with anything mounted on the sides. I know the top rail is for a NVS.

How is the PRS with this chassis? Does the check riser get your face high enough to look down the scope? It seems the scope needs to be mounted very high to clear the front rail and it does not really seem like the PRS allows enough height to see down the scope, unlike the Strike Dual.

Some chassis have a magazine sleeve, some do not? I thought all of them accepted AICS style magazines, is this not the case? If they all use the same magazine style why would there need to be a sleeve? Only the upper models seem to have this sleeve, but what purpose does it serve?

Any info would be great. Thanks.
    Hello Jeff

The rails are mostly only used for Military & Law Enforcement applications. You can fit so much stuff that your chassis will end up like a Christmas tree.

In my own opinion there's not much reason why a civilian would require this model but many buys it because they prefer the look of it. I agree that the PRS stock doesn't allow much elevation for the growing and growing objective diameters that we now see on the market. Most people that I've seen are using multiple models of sniper cheek bag like these ones to get more height: https://www.google.ca/search?q=cheek...iper+cheek+bag This is due to the full length top rail used for the clamp on night vision device that very few civilians actually use.

However on the Field Strike model the Magpul PRS stock works fine because we use a lower profile top rail and the rail is way shorter allowing more clearance for the scope bell. There's definitely some other stocks that could offer more elevation if you own a beast such as a Zeiss 6-24x72 or something like that. The beauty of this system is that you can use any kind of AR stocks that you may find on the market. If this is the case then you may save some money by buying a FIELD CORE model and simply buy the stock and pistol grip of your choice.

We are currently working on a new butt stock that would offer more adjustability and offer some weight reduction. It should be among the new products to be released sometimes this winter (Shot Show)

Regarding the magazine sleeves. We use a delrin sleeve on all our models that feature an ALUMINUM detachable base so that the magazines could be tight but slide well without being noisy. Keep in mind that all our products are designed to be military grade and while some noise may not be a problem for you some other guys may be shot or spotted for the same reason.

Also on the long action models the internal sleeve is interchangeable so you can use the same chassis for some 300 win mag magazines and some 338 Lapua magazines simply by changing the internal sleeve (I've seen some guys that were swapping their Rem 700 300 win mag and 338 Lapua back in forth into a single chassis they owned). All sleeves are interchangeable from one chassis model to the other. Only the models with a composite detachable base (lower price point) do not require a detachable sleeve because we machine the housing at the specified dimension when ordered. We even have some special detachable base such as the M24 variant that allows a long action rifle to shoot some short action calibers.

This chart may help you better understand the scope mount height that you may require.
    Name:  Bore Height Chart.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  70.9 KB

Let me know if you need more help.

Best regards
    Last edited by Cadex Defence; 08-07-2015 at 04:55 PM.
    Cadex Customer Service Representative(s)
    1-888-348-6774
    customerservice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

For any emergency please contact:
    Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com

Search
    Last edited by airjmc87; 10-04-2019 at 10:50 PM.

CGN Regular
    Where did you get you XLR buttstock from and how much did it cost you if you don't mind me asking?

Patrice, thank you for the honest and detailed response. I may be waiting to see what comes out at SHOT. Very interested in having something designed 100% by Cadex, love the chassis just have not loved the PRS butt stock on them. If Cadex comes out with a better option still keeping around the current field strike price well... it will be going on my next build.

CGN Regular
    I just got my field tactical last week. I haven't posted pics yet as my cadex muzzle brake is coming next week. Once that's on she will be photo ready.

I love it, it's a awesome chassis. The side rails are not useless. They look awesome! That's a use lol. Ultimately civilians don't need them. When your box arrives they are seperate so you don't need to install them. I did cause I love the look.

I have a 50mm scope and I think the PRS works. Mind you I am 6'4 with a huge head lol. So the way I plant my cheek it's fine for me. But if it's too low for you that's very easily fixed with a cheek pad. 90% of military snipers use pads even on adjustable mcmillans.

The chassis was easily assembled and is not as heavy as I expected it to be.

CGN Regular
    YA, to me though the PRS just looks almost out of place. You have an aluminum chassis then a composite buttstock. I think the litestrike is the nicest looking chassis they have, just the price is way more than I could ever afford and with many features I don't need. I'm really hoping that their new butt stock is a good solution to keeping costs down and also looking as if it belongs there. All of this is just opinion of course and if you are very happy with your I am happy for you and you should definitely throw the pictures on the Cadex customer picture thread its cool looking there and seeing what people have done.

How do you find it feels ergonomically? Does it feel comfortable for you in multiple positions? I have only ever shot stocks, McMillan and Manners, but am really interesed in Cadex for my next build. Unfortunately I have no way to hold one to see how it feels to me. They look amazing and look like they should work well, then again I have never shot a pistol grip stock so there will be an adjustment there as well of course for me. That just comes down to training though I think and figuring out how to make it work. Such as engaging the safety while holding the grip and also working the bolt quickly.

Hard to know how it all will work out, but I have had my eye on Cadex for a good few months now.

I have the Field Strike with the PRS and a Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 with medium ring and it works fine.
    I'll be it, I have the cheek piece at the max.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...0#post11574450

Search
    Last edited by airjmc87; 10-04-2019 at 10:50 PM.

Search
    Last edited by airjmc87; 10-04-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Search
    Last edited by airjmc87; 10-04-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airjmc87 View Post
    I would double check those rings and or measure them because those look nothing like medium height rings. Mediums are usually in the .9-.95" and highs are 1-1.25". With vortex medium rings the bell of my 50mm objective is just barely clearing the hand guard.
    They are medium Millett Tactical rings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast