Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Usability of Cadex Chassis

Search
    Last edited by airjmc87; 10-04-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Just ordered the dual strike chassis a couple weeks ago, looked into the setup specifically for the ergonomics of it! I'll post a full review the first day I put my build together and take 'er for a ride. I have no doubt in my mind that this chassis will more than impress me.

Quote Originally Posted by airjmc87 View Post
    Yes, I know what rings they are, I use to have a pair. I still stand by my first comment. Even just looking at photos of the difference between medium and high versions of those rings you can see a big diff. Your rings look like high rings. The post below your photo are medium vortex rings with physically almost an identical scope body. I would put a lot of money down betting they are high rings.
    I'll take that bet. I know what size my rings are and the measurements. The package even says medium.
    I had Millett highs and went to these mediums.

BTW the pic below mine looks like a Vortex PST or HST with a 30mm tube and 50mm objective. Mine is a Vortex Razor HD with a 35mm tube and 50mm objective. So it's not a direct comparison.

My main point was that my scope with medium Millett rings works fine for me.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftheforest View Post
    Just ordered the dual strike chassis a couple weeks ago, looked into the setup specifically for the ergonomics of it! I'll post a full review the first day I put my build together and take 'er for a ride. I have no doubt in my mind that this chassis will more than impress me.
    Could you let me know when you do your review? Thanks.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by airjmc87 View Post
    I can't remember exactly how much it cost but under $300 and I ordered directly from XLR through emailing them.
    How long ago was that? I'm very surprised this item is not ITAR restricted?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    How long ago was that? I'm very surprised this item is not ITAR restricted?
    Xlr just like McMillan and manners are set up to legally ship to Canada. Just ordered an element chassis and a McMillan a5 was also looking at a mcs t5a

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayph View Post
    Xlr just like McMillan and manners are set up to legally ship to Canada. Just ordered an element chassis and a McMillan a5 was also looking at a mcs t5a
    Where did you order from? Last year I ordered my McMillan direct, but now they say they are not longer able to do that as of 2015. Manners is the exact same thing, you have to order through a Canadian distributor, but you have to pay import fees etc. I just got a Manners this year and I talked with them directly and they said they had not ability to ship to Canada. So I am confused how you did this, because from my understanding the only way is through an importer.

Hmmm they have appeared to change there policy since I ordered the a5 earlier this year. My mistake, my xlr stock cost an additional $80 to cover extra shipping and paperwork if they changed too guess I just got lucky when I ordered.

I saw Manners stock last time on x-reload. I don't know if they distribute them tho... http://www.x-reload.com/manners/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    Could you let me know when you do your review? Thanks.
    Of course! It may be the end of September by the time I have my hands on the hardware. But will for sure let you know!
    My worst fear: One day I will die, and my wife will sell all my guns for what I told her I paid for them...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123