Thread: CADEX Relation to US Defense Products

CGN Regular

CADEX Relation to US Defense Products

So I don't know if this is something Cadex can comment on or not, or if anyone knows any info.

I was browsing around the internet and stumbled upon the new US Army and Marine Sniper Weapon Systems. The XM2010 (M24E1) and the M40A6 (To be fielded as the M40A7) and could not help but notice these weapons seem to sport chassis that look incredibly like the Cadex Chassis. Now I have heard multiple things about this from Cadex worked with Remington to develop the RACS (What Remington calls the Chassis) all the way to Remington stole the design. I was just wondering if anyone knows exactly what happened, if Cadex was contracted to design it or what. Maybe this is not public knowledge, and if not that is fine, I was just curious.

Also I don't know if anyone knows the relationship between Cadex and Drake and Associates. They seem to have some connection to US military Defense, but they use Canadian Chassis systems both Cadex and MDT, which I found very interesting. I don't know if anyone knows anything about that either.

Anyways, just curious. Also looking at the Marine Chassis variant the buttstock looks very good, kind of a skeletol design. Thought it was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    So I don't know if this is something Cadex can comment on or not, or if anyone knows any info.

I was browsing around the internet and stumbled upon the new US Army and Marine Sniper Weapon Systems. The XM2010 (M24E1) and the M40A6 (To be fielded as the M40A7) and could not help but notice these weapons seem to sport chassis that look incredibly like the Cadex Chassis. Now I have heard multiple things about this from Cadex worked with Remington to develop the RACS (What Remington calls the Chassis) all the way to Remington stole the design. I was just wondering if anyone knows exactly what happened, if Cadex was contracted to design it or what. Maybe this is not public knowledge, and if not that is fine, I was just curious.

Also I don't know if anyone knows the relationship between Cadex and Drake and Associates. They seem to have some connection to US military Defense, but they use Canadian Chassis systems both Cadex and MDT, which I found very interesting. I don't know if anyone knows anything about that either.

Anyways, just curious. Also looking at the Marine Chassis variant the buttstock looks very good, kind of a skeletol design. Thought it was interesting.
    Good day Sir

I'm not sure if this really worth to explain in public because this is quite a complex topic which is outdated quote a lot. It's been many years since Cadex went its own route and actually quite improved their chassis system compared to the first generation that was/we designed for/with Remington. Cadex and Remington are now both co-owners of all this chassis patents.

In resume at a certain point Cadex chose to stick with the original plan which was not to use any sort of aluminum casting but to produce the complete chassis out of full aluminum billets to ensure no weaknesses, even if it meant to be more expensive. Absolute quality over affordability this is what Cadex will always be about. We are looking at being the best not at being the cheapest. Every year we see company promising big volumes if we would change our manufacturing process and drop the quality to hit a more aggressive price point. It's not going to happen. Many other chassis makers choose to go the other route and are looking at mass production and high profitability so that they could grow faster. We respect their decision however we feel that this approach is wrong. I wish that quality and cheap could go together but it's impossible.

As for the question regarding Drake Associates. Drake Associates is a successful USA dealer that retails Cadex products since our beginnings. Drake started to import some lower end chassis so that he could hit a lower price point and gain a new clientele. They continue to turn out a lot of Cadex chassis as our product is aiming at a different clientele. If you have more questions feel free to call Chris Drake as he's the one that can answers them.

At the end of the day as long as the customer is happy and that the product fulfill his need.

I hope that it answers your questions.

Best regards
    Cadex Customer Service Representative(s)
    1-888-348-6774
    customerservice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

For any emergency please contact:
    Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadex Defence View Post
    Good day Sir

I'm not sure if this really worth to explain in public because this is quite a complex topic which is outdated quote a lot.
    Great answer. It is complex, but I think you hit the details people would want to know!

CGN Regular
    Pretty much what I was looking for, thanks Patrice. I do have to say the Cadex chassis looks much better than the RACS, and Im not just saying that because I support Canadian industry. I think Cadex makes the best chassis out right now, and I have heard nothing but good things (Except the price point!), but as you say quality can not be bought cheap.

That being said I am waiting with bated breath to see if this new "economical" Cadex butt stock comes out at SHOT this year. I think that could be a real game changer.