Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Sure Shot vs Tannerite vs Thundershot" - a video comparison by The Hunting Gear Guy

I've used all 3, including ALOT of Tannerite in the States before it was ever legal in Canada. As a consumer I don't care which is "easier" to mix as they are all pretty easy to do. Nor do I care which one gives a bigger "perceived" blast. It's a binary target... it goes boom. 2 things I DO care about are 2) is it made in Canada and 1) cost. Don't care who makes it, it needs to be affordable otherwise I wont shoot it over and over. my 0.02.

Ive always wondered why everyone uses little spheres of the AN and not powder which should give a better reaction.

I bought that rimfire 22 sure shot stuff for the heck of it. I dure like it more then tannerite! 1/2lb is bigger boom then 1lb of centre fire tannerite.

I wonder how Shockwave compares. Surprised it didn't make the test.

CGN frequent flyer
    Fantastic video! I love this kind of test. The high speed footage is excellent quality too. In the first few shots, there is a noticeable difference in how much dust is kicked up by the different explosions, and the sound is quite different too. Video and audio don't do explosions justice, and the fact that there is a discernible difference in the audio tells a lot about the real-world difference in sound.
    I have to agree with the author's conclusions based on my own experience.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jhedsy View Post
    I bought that rimfire 22 sure shot stuff for the heck of it. I dure like it more then tannerite! 1/2lb is bigger boom then 1lb of centre fire tannerite.
    The rimfire SureShot is a huge boom.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by jhedsy View Post
    Also a hell of a lot more dangerous to handle...

CGN frequent flyer

Sure shot rimfire vs Thundershot

Based on the claims I read about sure shot rimfire magnum's loudness, I thought I'd compare it with the loudest target I've tried so far (I have yet to try one brand that comes in a bag), I thought I would compare the 2 front runners.

I'll eventually make a comparison with all 6 targets that we have on the market right now, but it sure is time consuming to set everything up, film, go through the footage, put a video together, edit, review and publish. I have over 12 hours invested in just this video. Sure was fun to make, though!

Not to mention hiking 6km up a mountain and gaining 500 meters of elevation with an overnight pack carrying a 3.5 pound rifle and 8 pounds of exploding targets. Hope you guys enjoy the scenery, and the visible bullets! They are federal .22WMR 30 grain TNTs flying between 2250 and 2300fps.

I've only used Thundershot. It's quite the boom. I've always inserted paper or cardboard into the top of the container after mixing to compress all the "beads?" tightly together. I was told it would help to get a more consistent detonation and thus a better explosion. I've never tried it without packing it tightly to verify though.

Expired Business Member
    Great video gyppo, thanks for posting! It's nice to see some of our older product still making the occasional appearance out there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12