Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CZ SP-01 Shadow vs Tanfoglio ????

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolwhiptricks View Post
    This is a none issue if the OP is planning to shoot IPSC production division because your 1st shot must be in double action on a DA/SA pistol. The safety does not engage on a CZ with the hammer down. Not sure about the Tanfoglio but I would assume it is the same?

Way to stay on task ! I had pretty much forgotten the original post I shoot standard

I shoot a 9mm SP-01 in 3 gun, and a Limited Custom Xtreme in IPSC. I waited almost a year to get the small frame in .40, but because I have small hands it was worth the wait. With nearly identical aluminum grips on both, the Tanfo is very close to the feel of the shadow.

I converted my shadow to SAO with parts from Cajun Gun Works, and added a reach reduction kit, magwell, and larger safety. I have to say, while the Tanfo is a beautiful gun, I prefer the trigger in the customized shadow and don't have half the money into it. That said, you're paying for lots of flash with the Xtreme versions, none of which makes it shoot any better IMO.

Another consideration - shadows are very easy to find parts for. Tanfoglio, not so much.
    Believe in those who seek the truth.
    Doubt those who find it.

Personally, I like my shadow a little more than the Stock III I shot a bit. Maybe I'm just more used to it. The Tanfo felt nose heavy to me, and the checkering is hard on my supple office hands. I did shoot it more accurately, and that was only after handling it once. If I had unlimited funds I would have both and see which I actually shot better.
    Merchant of Mass Murder

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Surveyor780 View Post
    I shoot a 9mm SP-01 in 3 gun, and a Limited Custom Xtreme in IPSC. I waited almost a year to get the small frame in .40, but because I have small hands it was worth the wait. With nearly identical aluminum grips on both, the Tanfo is very close to the feel of the shadow.

I converted my shadow to SAO with parts from Cajun Gun Works, and added a reach reduction kit, magwell, and larger safety. I have to say, while the Tanfo is a beautiful gun, I prefer the trigger in the customized shadow and don't have half the money into it. That said, you're paying for lots of flash with the Xtreme versions, none of which makes it shoot any better IMO.

Another consideration - shadows are very easy to find parts for. Tanfoglio, not so much.
    I have no issues getting parts from Freedom Ventures.

CGN Regular
    Really good thread, nice to hear comparisons. Stock Extreme III vs Canadian Shadow Czech Mate?

I believe Czechmate is a totally different gun. SAO, Tuned and with optics, it belongs to OPEN division.

Quote Originally Posted by RLJ View Post
    Really good thread, nice to hear comparisons. Stock Extreme III vs Canadian Shadow Czech Mate?
    Last edited by ambishooter; 08-19-2015 at 07:17 AM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ambishooter View Post
    I believe Czechmate is a totally different gun. SAO, Tuned and with optics, it belongs to OPEN division.
    Yep, and it's based on the TS, not the Shadow

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Harry Callahan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RLJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ambishooter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AHiltz View Post
    Yep, and it's based on the TS, not the Shadow
    I believe RLJ meant the Shadowmate version. I have two of these and shot it side to side with a Stock II & III extreme. Overall finish (duotone bronze-gold) & checkering is better on the Tanfos. Accuracy (trigger, sights) goes to the Shadowmate.

Add a bit of griptape on the Mate & take away the Tanfos flashy finish & the Shadowmate is the clear winner. At $1850 (the price on two regular Shadow) they are not cheap tho.

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein, Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

This has been an interesting thread to read. Im just waiting on my RPAL right now but the STI Trojan and the Tangfolio Stock lll. No idea which id like better lol

I own a Stock II Xtreme and shot two IPSC matches with it. My overall experience has been very good! The pistol grips are nice and tight on your hands, recoil is less with the bull barrel, adjustable sights are a plus and useful if you ever change to a different bullet weight you will be able to adjust the sights to your liking. I'm currently using 147gr and it has shoot flawlessly so far without a hiccup. At first, I found it quiet expensive but if you're planning to shoot production for awhile and have the budget for it, I say you go for it! You want to practice more when you have a gun like this

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast