Ruger #1-A blued 7.62X39

Prophet River

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
425   0   2
We just got a call, ruger has done a run of #1-A's in 7.62X39. These are standard blued/walnut rifle. We are getting five. As we just found out a few minutes ago, they missed the last liscense so will be here late september. If you want one, please call the store or PM here to pay or deposit!
This is the first time ruger has the 7.62X39 in a blued, they did a small run years ago in stainless.
$1449.00

This is intriguing! An inexpensive round for an expensive, old fashioned rifle. Half the reason I like shooting 7.62X39 is because the rifles are old.
The other half is because it is so inexpensive (rifle and rounds) There is still something appealing about this Ruger though. What am I sensing but
can't explain? Anyone have any insight? Is it the challenge of using a cartridge to its limits?

RU1A762X39 PRODUCT DETAILS
FAMILY:No. 1 Series MODEL:No. 1 Light Sporter TYPE:Rifle ACTION:Single Shot FINISH:Blue STOCK/FRAME:Wood Stock STOCK/GRIPS:Wood
CALIBER/GAUGE:7.62 x 39mm CAPACITY:1 BARREL:22" OVERALL LENGTH:38.5" RATE-OF-TWIST:1-in-9.5"
SIGHTS:Open Rifle Sights SAFETY:2 Position Top Tang ADDL INFO:Rings & Integral Scope Base ADDL INFO:Alexander Henry Forearm ADDL INFO:Quarter Rib EXCLUSIVE:LIPSEY'S EXCLUSIVE

If you want to shoot cheap, crap ammo then buy an SKS. I saw them today on sale for $199. Russian laminate.
If you plan to buy a quality, fairly rare gun get a useful high-performance caliber.
What, are you going to shoot corrosive steel case ammo in a $1500 rifle? Duh!

If you want to shoot cheap, crap ammo then buy an SKS. I saw them today on sale for $199. Russian laminate.
If you plan to buy a quality, fairly rare gun get a useful high-performance caliber.
What, are you going to shoot corrosive steel case ammo in a $1500 rifle? Duh!

If it doesnt hurt it why not, i shoot Hirtenberger surplus in all my AR's, NM M1A and FNAR and it's quite fun and accurate...
PS: I have 8 SKS... JP.:wave:

Picked mine up yesterday , wood is better then last year. Fit and finish is good. Hope to shoot it next week. Only 300 and some produced according to the Ruger Collectors Association. Buy now or scramble to purchase one in the future.
20151030_082348.jpg

Back
Top Bottom