Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to create account but won't let me without PAL photos?

Trying to create account but won't let me without PAL photos?

So I Don't want to buy a firearm or ammunition, but your website will not let me create an account without PAL scans and another piece of Gov't ID? I don't want them kept on file...
    Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which hold forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

quit being so paranoid.

you can't even buy a crush washer on Questar without a PAL .. so get over it.

Or you can probably place an order over the phone
    Proud union member of UA Local 628 Plumbers, Steamfitters, & Welders

If you currently have a PAL "they" are already watching you..................����������

Business Member Firearms Outlet Canada's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
    So I Don't want to buy a firearm or ammunition, but your website will not let me create an account without PAL scans and another piece of Gov't ID? I don't want them kept on file...
    Hi Sawzall
    You can call us to process your sales if you don't want to give your PAL.Provided its not a firearm,reloading components or ammunition.

FIREARMS OUTLET CANADA
    725 Westney Rd S
    Unit #2
    Ajax, ON, L1S 7J7

Shop Online: www.firearmsoutletcanada.com

Phone: (905) 428-1118

E-Mail: info@firearmsoutletcanada.com

Facebook / Twitter / Youtube

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Since when do reloading components require a PAL ?
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Quote Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
    I ran into the same thing myself and was told I needed to send a picture of my PAL and also of my drivers licence in order to buy a couple of pounds of powder. I decided that I didn't need the powder that bad. I have enough of Big Brother in my life now.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by savage112 View Post
    I ran into the same thing myself and was told I needed to send a picture of my PAL and also of my drivers licence in order to buy a couple of pounds of powder. I decided that I didn't need the powder that bad. I have enough of Big Brother in my life now.
    Canadian gun owners seems to be a community of restriction and regulation lovers.
    If there is no regulation or restriction based on actual law Canadian gun owners, retailers, shooting clubs will make fictitious ones up.
    Who needs CFOs, liberals and antis when we apparently "get off on" restricting and regulationg ourselves to death?
    I guess the thought of being enveloped in the arms of a nanny state makes Canadians feel more secure.

Business Member Firearms Outlet Canada's Avatar
    Guys please read this thread it pretty much sums up why we ask for some ID for reloading components(Please don't shoot the messenger) as per directive from the Natural resources we as a retail front is required to check an individual to see if they are of age of majority (18yrs+) as we could be charged if we do.Since this is a free market you can purchase components from other places who don't require ID.But they are putting there business in danger of being charged and shut down.We as a store are just following rules and in no form making rules up in fact it is extra work that we don't need but have to follow.Again it is not our choice as we ourselves are shooters too.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ing-componants

FIREARMS OUTLET CANADA
    725 Westney Rd S
    Unit #2
    Ajax, ON, L1S 7J7

Shop Online: www.firearmsoutletcanada.com

Phone: (905) 428-1118

E-Mail: info@firearmsoutletcanada.com

Facebook / Twitter / Youtube

The simple fact that I cannot create an account on your webstore without front back and driver's license scans that you will obviously be keeping for your own records regardless of what or when I intend to purchase makes your business a no thanks for me at this time. Budget Shooter Supply, The Ammo Source, Canada Ammo and many other retailers I've purchased from and have online accounts with never "required" any of this for me just to register an account. When purchasing powder or ammo, sure they ask for a PAL before shipping but not if I only wanted a scope, projectiles, cleaning supplies, etc. I'm always glad to have more options but I refuse to deal with a company that plans to keep my PAL and D/L info on file regardless of what I purchase. As Ashley Madison customers have recently found out, none of that information is totally secure. It is my business who I share it with and when and I do not feel comfortable entrusting it to the security of a new company... Good luck with your business, hope you stick around for the long haul.
    Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which hold forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast