$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Norinco M14 Failure to Eject Video - Please Help.

Norinco M14 Failure to Eject Video - Please Help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJMaBgEZ7z8 (I embedded your video for you... Cheers Jay)

I've included a link to a video I shot today, shooting a stock Norinco M305 with 7.62x51 NATO ammo. First 30 seconds at regular speed, second 30 seconds in slow motion. It worked fine until I mounted a scope bracket.

Shot 25 rounds at 100 yards. 1 means reload success, 0 represents failure to reload.

10010 11000 11010 11011 11100

44% chance of failure to reload. Ouch!

Please help. I want to love this gun.

Jean
    Last edited by Jay; 08-26-2015 at 06:25 PM.

looks like the case is being blocked by the scope rail from ejecting. Try to remove the scope rail and see if it the case will stuck there.

Some of them appear to be hitting your scope mount. Also, have you tried adjusting the gas?

I have not tried to adjust the gas. Would you recommend more gas or less gas ?

on the m14, gas is either on or off. How do you adjust? on the other hand, my m14 jams using those crap NCstar rail. switched to the CASM mount, not a problem

Okay, I just ordered a CASM mount for $167 CAD. On its way.

Mine was ejecting just fine until I installed a promag steel scope mount, then it turned into a single shot, yikes, I tried to return the mount and promag refused. I trimmed back the bolt ejector and extractor springs and it helped a little. promag told me to trim the ejector on the bottom to make the brass eject sideways instead of upwards. Also if you are installing a mount make sure the mount is parallel to the barrel, this is only related to another issue, ( sighting in, good luck) good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    on the m14, gas is either on or off. How do you adjust? on the other hand, my m14 jams using those crap NCstar rail. switched to the CASM mount, not a problem
    Good point! Get some of these mixed up. Clearly I need to shoot mine more often. I did have a cheap mount on my first one and had to make some modifications. Brass still bounced off the bottom of the scope itself though. Latest one is a long version and I use the iron sights. Replaced stock with walnut as I like the original look.

an over powered mainspring will cause this
    "The one and only doomsday prepping, polygamist gun salesman"

"I tell you it dead"

Quote Originally Posted by ronliang View Post
    looks like the case is being blocked by the scope rail from ejecting. Try to remove the scope rail and see if it the case will stuck there.
    This 1st ^^.
    Then try the new mount when it arrives.
    Good luck.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast