Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aero Survival VS JRC Takedown Marine VS Sub 2k gen 2

Aero Survival VS JRC Takedown Marine VS Sub 2k gen 2

Hey Guys, getting itchy for a new toy and I am curious what you would find delivers the best accuracy and reliability as they all fall in the same general price range. I am tempted by the Aero and JRC based on the ability to have a small scope mounted but I am worried about the barrel shift after re and re. I like the gen 2 speed of readiness. What exactly differs the JRC marine from a standard takedown model? The Marine version interests me as I do a lot of saltwater boating/camping.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can offer as well as any advice on other similar firearms to consider.

When do you expect another shipment of Gen 2s and how will the current dollar effect the price of new stock?

You forgot the Thureon Defense.

I was recently in the market looking at a survival take down rifles. The Aero, JRC, and TD are all very similar from my research. All break down and all have caliber conversion kits available. I looked at the Keltec too but felt that it was too unique for reliable replacement parts.

I didn't end up getting either of the 4 survival rifles because what you would hunt with a pistol caliber rifle is not practical. Too big for grouse and rabbits, and limited range for deer. I bought a Ruger 10/22 50th anniversary edition instead (needed a new grouse gun for this season) and am waiting for a Ruger mini-14 .223 to be back in stock.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Thureon defence is a top of the line firearm

CGN Regular
    I loved my jr. It was a second gen. Had an issue with it cycling to fast and jrc got me the updated buffer ASAP and it ran like a champ ever since. It actually ran so well that I started shooting the #### out of it without cleaning. Made it to 1100 rounds of various ammo before I got bored with it and sold it. Felt the itch for another toy and got the trw aero and although it's a nice well build rifle I felt it wasn't for me. Just as accurate as the jr. It would make a ragged hole at 30m np. Never had s chance to play with the td as there are no 9mm available . Currently waiting on my gen2 kriss to arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgery View Post
    Just put some cream on it

CGN Regular
    As for poi changing after re install Of the barrel on the aero, not an issue. The barrel bushing/nut is self centering and seams to get things squared away no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgery View Post
    Just put some cream on it

Tagged

In the market too

Personaly waiting for sub2k's in 40sw glock to make it north but still looking at everything out there

PROUD MEMBER OF I.U.O.E. local 793

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Ive owned them all and currently only own a sub 2000 gen 2 9mm, the new model sub2000 is so much better than the gen 1 and I feel its a better all around package than the other two in question, its very well made with top of the line components compared to the gen 1 sub 2000, my vote is for the keltec sub 2000 gen 2
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by hunterhenderson View Post
    Ive owned them all and currently only own a sub 2000 gen 2 9mm, the new model sub2000 is so much better than the gen 1 and I feel its a better all around package than the other two in question, its very well made with top of the line components compared to the gen 1 sub 2000, my vote is for the keltec sub 2000 gen 2
    It definitely looks like the most fun of the lot but I hear its made with 100% pure unobtainium.

Thumbs up

Gen2 sub2000 is my vote, I love mine. It's a compact, fun little package. I've only put 50 rounds through mine so far and it's been 100%. Not much of a test I know.

CGN Regular
    Hm...trying to find a 9mm carbine myself, but I'm leaning towards the TNW Aero

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast