Coming This Fall To A Dealer Near You.....DD5V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpy Wolverine

Business Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Introducing the new DD5V1 7.62x51 Daniel Defense!

I had the pleasure of being privy to a special viewing of these at Shot Show last year. We were able to handle them but they weren't at the range for shooting.
These are a very well built rifle with some new innovations that set it apart from the pack. I am looking forward to being able to put one through it's paces and you
can bet we will sharing videos with you all.

LLI4WDAS_zpshv9yd47n.jpg

We have been waiting on the release of these for awhile and now we can tell the world.

Daniel Defense has developed a ground breaking platform engineered from muzzle to buttstock for the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge. The DD5’s performance driven design departs from tradition to set a new standard in the 308 platform.

• Innovative 4 bolt connection system securely attaches free-floating CHF
barrel and KeyMod handguard mounts securely to upper without a barrel nut
• Bolt and carrier designed with oversized cam pin, enhanced extractor
geometry, and dual ejectors
• Ambidextrous safety selector, magazine catch, bolt release, and
configurable modular charging handle
• Lower receiver features integral oversized trigger guard and flared
magazine well for SR-25 type magazines
• Geissele SSA 2-Stage Trigger with its smooth 2.5 lb take-up and clean 2 lb break

16" barrel CHF Heavy Phosphate coated.
1:11 twist rate
Mid-length gas system
Weight on this rifle unloaded is 8.3lbs.
It has a 15" picatinny top rail with keymods at 3, 6 and 9

We should have these mid to late fall. We will be releasing more information and pricing as we get a more concrete ETA on these.
g6Y6OBwP59h8sbK8gr63ocVxtnW3FbBTElKkyfqzhp0_zpsqv7yu3o1.jpg

$3299 plus tax and shipping

grumpy%20approved_zpszijwg5b5.jpg

Last edited:
From 16" to 18.5" you're looking at what? 60fps difference? Why not 20" instead? I think the myths about longer barrels being more accurate over shorter ones has been busted for some time now.

I'm curious as to the price too. An AR in 308 has been on my wish list for some time. :)

From 16" to 18.5" you're looking at what? 60fps difference? Why not 20" instead? I think the myths about longer barrels being more accurate over shorter ones has been busted for some time now.

I'm curious as to the price too. An AR in 308 has been on my wish list for some time. :)

Agreed. I'd like this in its current set up if the price is right.

Curious on price and if that rail can be swapped for an aftermarket M-LOK style one. Rail attachment looks strange to me.

Also, is the charging handle proprietary or is it a standard AR10 charging handle?

Last edited:
Accuracy and velocity?

Yea i was just confused after somebody raised the question if it was non-restricted..
So when i read the one poster asking for a 18.5" over the 16"; being such a small difference i thought maybe he was thinking it would change the classification.

Will they come in multiple barrel lengths?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom