Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Very Nice 7.62x51 Surplus....Boxer Or Berdan, Cases or Battle Packs

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    What's the difference between Boxer and Berman primed?
    Berdan brass has two flash holes so is difficult to de-prime and berdan primers are not easy to find theses days. Boxer brass has a single flash hole and there for is easy to de-prime with standard dies and boxer primers are availably every where.

CGN Regular
    Is it safe to shoot this in my weatherby vanguard s2 ? What is the bullet made of ?

CGN Regular
    Will you throw in a case if I buy a new XCR m ?
    Won't say I completely don't believe in alchemy, as I've seen silver duct tape make golden silence.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post

just by looking at the cases and the markings, It would have been rather easy for any of the other retailers to separate the two types.

Unfortunate for those that bought already
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    just by looking at the cases and the markings, It would have been rather easy for any of the other retailers to separate the two types.

I got the HP74 berdan primer and have 3800 rounds fired to this day with no failures and very good accuracy in all of my SA rifles but especially in my NM M1a's and my FNAR's, since i dont care for the emptys, berdan primer is perfect... JP.

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    I got the HP74 berdan primer and have 3800 rounds fired to this day with no failures and very good accuracy in all of my SA rifles but especially in my NM M1a's and my FNAR's, since i dont care for the emptys, berdan primer is perfect... JP.
    questioning the reliability of the ammunition had nothing to do with my post but thanks for the update.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post

I'm not going to go back and reread past threads..
    But were'nt we told there was no way to tell the differance????? And the guy's that questioned the bold typer were told to take a HIKE!!!!!

Not entirely true.
    Boxer is easy to reload and components are easy to come by, berdan not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbaad View Post
    If you don't know the answer buy the berdan primed

Berdan is non reloadable and boxer is reloadable to keep it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I'm not going to go back and reread past threads..
    But were'nt we told there was no way to tell the differance????? And the guy's that questioned the bold typer were told to take a HIKE!!!!!
    yes, one of the reasons I did not buy

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Berdan brass has two flash holes so is difficult to de-prime and berdan primers are not easy to find theses days. Boxer brass has a single flash hole and there for is easy to de-prime with standard dies and boxer primers are availably every where.
    Country or origin on the boxer ammo? Also, are the boxer primed rounds steel or bi-metal jacketed (i.e. can stick to a magnet)?

Wb

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast