Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CFB Petawawa CQB Clinic 24-25 October 2015- DeBrief HERE!!

Quote Originally Posted by schumy View Post
    Also, please try and be there ON TIME! 8:15 is not a "suggested" arrival time.
    Right on brotha! Tardiness is not Sexy lol

Business Member
    October is also FALL season, so don't feel so bad if you showed up with an event tent! ha ha ha ha

I have lots of spaces and you returning shooters; don't feel guilty. We gave the newbies a fair shot to attend for the 05-06 September 2015 clinic. It's open season (metaphor warning) for anybody to come and sign up for the final CQB clinic of the year (2015).

Cheers and warmest regards! I'm in Virden, MB after a long day at the Wolverine Supplies site. Left the building at 1800 hrs.

Barney

Business Member
    Back in this time zone after 4 weeks on the road! Yes, lots of room still available for you all!

Cheers,

Barney

BANNED
    Bad News ......I was just notified by Range Control that 7.62x39 is no longer allowed on the ranges we have access to .
    So... SKS,s will not be allowed to be used for the clinic.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MysticMartin's Avatar
    Is this CQB Clinic confirm?

Preparation and logistics to do!

Business Member
    CQB clinic is still a go. Just stick to .223 or 5.56

EMT away. Off to moose camp this morning. No internet there. Be back on Thursday afternoon.

Barney

Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver View Post
    Bad News ......I was just notified by Range Control that 7.62x39 is no longer allowed on the ranges we have access to .
    So... SKS,s will not be allowed to be used for the clinic.
    Unfortunately I can't make this clinic date anyway, but I am merely curious, that's all, if you are allowed to divulge what Range Control's issue with the 7.62X39 ammo was? Is it the steel jackets or steel core that's at issue?

I used my AR platform last time anyway, but I was thinking of someday maybe bringing a Vz.58 to a future Barney clinic (currently a work-in-progress to kit mine out with new stock, rail & fore-end the way I want it).
    I'll still be modifying the Vz.58 anyway, but I guess any plan to bring it to Echo is shot now (pun intended). ;-) No big deal.

Likely be into another kick at the CQB can sometime after the new year myself.

Cheers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MysticMartin's Avatar
    Just arrived in Pembroke... looking forward this weekend!!!

Business Member
    Dinner at McD's tonight so that I can use this wireless signal. All is good and ready for tomorrow. Remember to bring a sandwich tomorrow and lots and lots of snacks. We don't have time to spend at lunch (and drive into town). We are all eating lunch at the Echo Range!

See you all at 0800 to 0830 across from the Base Fire Hall.

Cheers,
    Barney

BANNED
    Well . As usual Barney I feel we all owe you a big thankyou for all your effort in passing on your knowledge and for the community building that you do. The small class was perfect for our new shooter who attended as she got a lot of one on one instruction with lots of shooting. We all had a lot of laughs as well ....please don't make a video of the yoga workout you showed us. It was helpful but you were enjoying it a little too much ...lol
    Thanks as well for the use of your lower and for the new hammer spring hopefully that will make my rifle go bang all the time again.
    At one point today I wished I wished it had a bayonet attached and was closer to the target ....as I would have went for the air launched rifle attack method ..... You wont see method that in any training manual ...lol.
    Cant wait till spring and get some more trigger time with you running the show .
    Thanks again and I hope our plans for next year work out

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast