Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CFB Petawawa CQB Clinic 24-25 October 2015- DeBrief HERE!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MysticMartin's Avatar
    Thanks everyone!

Did appreciated this 2 days so much, like a private training

But I was so exhausted at the end today...

Hope to be able to assist some activities next year!

Thanks for the Danny's initiation

BANNED
    Glad you enjoyed the weekend and the Prime Rib dinner at Dannys was excellent as usual .
    I just installed the hammer spring Barney gave me .
    I found out that one of the long legs on my spring had broke off .Only one of the legs was sitting on top of the take down pin so it was a spring issue after all .
    If you don't mind the cold we have range practices during the winter if you wanted to come up again .

Glad you found the problem... it's so frustrating when it doesn't work

What type of practices do you do? Because I'm looking to sell my Tavor... my body doesn't have any more the capability of that CQB exercices (((

But lay down on my Savage 10tr... this could be working

BANNED
    The person from our club who runs the 3 gun matches contacted me tonight and the last match of the year will be Nov 7 or 8 if we get the range booked . The stages are short so it wouldn't be physically hard .We don't have anything planned after that.We schedule range days during the winter where we do individual target practice .

Thanks for the information!

For sure, 3guns are less difficult on the body

I let you know, if I can assist!

Business Member
    Ah... finally unpacked and resting tonight. I even had to have a nap this afternoon. I like days off work.

Big thanks for all your support in the CGN community. I'm so grateful for a super GC like Petawawa where we can build community by teaching, learning, EATing, shooting, and having several laughs.

It's been a super successful season I thought as I was driving back through Algonquin Park. Life does not get better. What a wonderful way to cap things off with prime rib at Danny's and funny conversation.

Big thanks for chalk river for making all the events happen and giving up his time. Mind you he gets a super opportunity to obtain trigger time for all his work. What's not to like?

I'm thankful to the clinic attendees who popped out of their comfort zones to learn, shoot and learn more (after all that patching on the targets) about competition shooting. All great fun. I'm thankful to the folks at Range Control who make the move back on the Range so easy, both on and off, I mean.

I am super thankful to the kind folks at Base Accommodations (Transient Quarters) for the super clean room at J-108 and it's cable TV. I was able to watch the Jays (Royals) and Maple Leafs lose in the evenings while carrying out my yoga!

Thanks to Elda for those cookies. I was careful not to munch on them while driving down Highway 11 from Orillia to Barrie.

So much on my mind but as I decompress, I will add more thoughts to this thread. Now time to start planning next season!

Thanks to Hoplite Tactical Supplies for the donated T-shirt, it was used as a door prize for a shooter who can put it to good use (he is a Men's Large size).

Thanks for Wolverine Supplies for lending me the Daniel Defense Mk18 to teach with and then loan out to chalk river since the hammer spring in his lower receiver was pooched.

Hey you guys, remember to keep an Oh-shzt kit handy.... I was able to provide my spare hammer spring to chalk river so that he won't have to wait 2 weeks for a replacement hammer spring. Lesson learned!

Cheers,
    Barney

It was great to get some time in with the short range toys. Lots of fun to shoot a discipline so different from what I am used to. I really need to step up my pistol skills but that is what winter is for. Thanks Barney and Morgan for all the work. It was really good to meet Martin and Elda as well as seeing the advantages and challenges of the different gear.

It was pretty fun to see how many ways we could put 2 ARs together to get a working configuration. That is the nice thing about playing with lego guns.

Hi Steve... didn't know you are 693 Precision, did purchase some product from you, TAB gear shooting mat, rear bag, velcro bullet holder, S.A.P. sling, etc.. Good product et good services, and nice website too!

Hope see you in PR clinic or Long distance shooting...

Was nice to meet you all!

I wish I could have made it out to this one. I'm glad you guys had a great learning experience and I'm looking forward to seeing you all next year!

Sounds like it was a fun course! Defiantly going to make it out to a CQB clinic next year! Glad you guys had a great time.
    NFA/CSSA Member since the Swiss Arms and CZ 858 Reclassification!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast