Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Steyr Scout Stainless Steel Canadian .308Win

Looking at it: I still can't understand why the winner Sako has such a short top rail. In a region where six months per year is mostly night you'd want a standard scope augmented with a night vision device in front.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Becks357 View Post
    whats up with red in the stock? looks "metro sexual" I want black!
    Well a truly multi mission capable rifle. If you cannot shoot it to death you can definitely kill it with ugliness!---Dieseldog just kiddin--

Uber Super GunNutz barrett50cal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Becks357 View Post
    whats up with red in the stock? looks "metro sexual" I want black!
    Isn't fussing over the stock colour itself kinda metrosexual?

lol just razzin' ya....

Quote Originally Posted by Warmer View Post
    Could you please elaborate?
    Sure. It looks like a rectangular'ish block of metal screwed onto to the end of the barrel. It doesn't look 'natural' like the Sako or Ruger rifle's front sight. Also, it looks like the sight is so far back from the front of the barrel that even if a flash hider or silencer (in a perfect world) was attached there would be a significant space between them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    I guess peoples that fuss over with micro details like the sight or the color are not really convinced they need one...

This is a Steyr Scout 308, only this is important thing to my eyes as the rifle in this configuration is different but still is one of the top 5 308 rifle in the world, shooting a Scout Steyr is an awsome experience, i am getting this one for sure... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTarget View Post
    Also, it looks like the sight is so far back from the front of the barrel that even if a flash hider or silencer (in a perfect world) was attached there would be a significant space between them.
    I don't think that's the case. If you look at the shot of the complete rifle the front sight sits quite far out toward the muzzle. Those close-up photos make the front sight appears it's further back than it actually is. There has to be space between the front sight and the thread for installation of muzzle brake/flash hiders as some are recessed.

Last edited by mebiuspower; 09-08-2015 at 09:55 AM.

Damn...I want...I can't afford...at least not yet. Sigh. I hate to see good deals like this pass me by.

The good thing is that the regular Steyr Scout is available from site sponsors. I am curious, could the fixed front sight and diopter rear sight be offered as accessories to the regular scout?

- Jayne
    Mal: Jayne, how many weapons you plan on bringing? You only got the two arms.
    Jayne: I just get excitable as to choice - like to have my options open.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    The good thing is that the regular Steyr Scout is available from site sponsors. I am curious, could the fixed front sight and diopter rear sight be offered as accessories to the regular scout?
    I'm almost certain the front sight won't simply fit over the regular Scout barrel as they have different profiles not to mention the regular barrels are heavily fluted that leave no material for it to screw on. It might fit over the Scout Elite's barrel tho.

CGN Regular
    Pricing?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Anyone have their email returned yet?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!