Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Steyr Scout Stainless Steel Canadian .308Win

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvern View Post
    Just a friendly heads up guys, I was in Kellys Sporting Goods today and he has two of these rifles in his "Vault" that are for sale.

I got one when they came out and they are a great al round gun, the quality is amazing and with the 2 x 10 round magazines as standard on this model its a great upgrade from the conventional rifle.
    Good to know!

Terrific gun, although I could do without the red inserts.

IMHO, perfection would be an updated standard Scout, with the improved sights and the full-length pic rail of the Ranger rifle. I neither need nor want the 10-round mag. Stainless barrel would be nice but not essential. However, Steyr needs to move forward with supplying the Scout with an actual Pic rail mounting system, in lieu of the Weaver dovetail they are still using.

Caramel, your comment on the 1.25-8x 6500 being a good fit on this rifle is spot-on. I have one but never tried it on my Scout; I just mounted it up on Leupold QRW rings and it is terrific. Far enough forward to maintain outstanding visibility of the downrange area, nice big field of view at low power and the option of higher magnification for range use, etc. A little bit porky, but otherwise outstanding.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    I confirm the brake of my TRG 22 is a perfect fit on my
    Steyr... JP.

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    Terrific gun, although I could do without the red inserts.

IMHO, perfection would be an updated standard Scout, with the improved sights and the full-length pic rail of the Ranger rifle. I neither need nor want the 10-round mag. Stainless barrel would be nice but not essential. However, Steyr needs to move forward with supplying the Scout with an actual Pic rail mounting system, in lieu of the Weaver dovetail they are still using.
    The Steyr Elite has full length picatinny.

https://www.steyr-mannlicher.com/en/...grifles/elite/

That's nice, but I would still prefer the original short/light barrel profile; don't want or need the cheekpiece, and the bolt handle is take-it-or-leave-it for me as well. And again, 10-round mag is off the table. The current Scout with the new sights and a Pic rail is my goal.

I have one also.

I sometimes wonder what it would be worth in the US market given it is a prototype military rifle with only a dozen examples in existence...

Unfired since factory.
    I plan to keep it that way but I wish I could enjoy it on the range.

I have to rely on my Steyr Mannlicher Classic (full stock) in .222 with Kahles optics to get my "Steyr Fix" :-)
    Last edited by Dreaded Platypus; 01-22-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Every year there is some member who are interrested in shooting one of my Scout Steyr 308, after trying it, they just realise how perfect shooting these rifles are, there is a couple that sold their rifle and bought a Steyr...

If you never shot one, the only thing you can critisize is their apparence, once you tried one, you just understand why they are the best...

Talk is cheap and the proof is in the poudding... JP.

JP sold me a castoff years ago and it is a fabulous rifle.
    Last edited by burnsy56; 01-23-2017 at 09:50 PM. Reason: swivels gone!

Quote Originally Posted by burnsy56 View Post
    JP sold me a castoff years ago and it is a fabulous rifle. pm me if anyone needs extra swivels!

where is the best place to buy steyr rifles