Canadian Binary Targets: KA-BOOM vs. Gryphon Energetics Slow Mo Comparison

Segue2002

Regular
I like cheap things. When shopping around the other day I noticed a new binary target, KA-BOOM. In fact it's almost %30 cheaper than the other major brands. So I thought I should try it out against another Canadian binary explosive. As someone who likes to save money whenever possible, (especially when blowing it up) I wanted to see how well Canada ammo's in house brand of binary targets KA-BOOM, would hold up to the more expensive Gryphon Energetics. Here is some slow motion comparison at 120 fps, a little gathering of the two great great Canadian products.

Another great deal from Canada Ammo! Buy with confidence. :rockOn:

[youtube]rHRTPpypdPE[/youtube]

Last edited:
Anybody else have any experience with these? Done any comparisons?

I found them very similar for everything I've done. One maybe a bit louder here and there. It's hard to compare really because it seems like if you're not perfectly centered and perfectly mixed you will have a different boom than otherwise...

And you could get one with one and not the other. I have just as much variance from 2 products of the same brand as I do from 2 brands.

Cool vid , i have tried both and haven't really noticed a difference . I don't mind the bags vs the containers as you can staple it to stuff which is nice ..

I like cheap things. When shopping around the other day I noticed a new binary target, KA-BOOM. In fact it's almost %30 cheaper than the other major brands. So I thought I should try it out against another Canadian binary explosive. As someone who likes to save money whenever possible, (especially when blowing it up) I wanted to see how well Canada ammo's in house brand of binary targets KA-BOOM, would hold up to the more expensive Gryphon Energetics. Here is some slow motion comparison at 120 fps, a little gathering of the two great great Canadian products, and don't miss the end where we see what 10lbs. of fun looks like.

Another great deal from Canada Ammo! Buy with confidence. :rockOn:

[youtube]rHRTPpypdPE[/youtube]

Good video

Thanks for the video.
On a side note. This guy I know from Canmore (his name escapes me right now) placed 1lb of gryphon in a 7' culvert. I expect it would be a glorious bazooka like boom. I am sure it's not legal though so I don't recommend it.... With anyone around.

Yep! You are only allowed to mix and use 1lb at a time.

Because you say so?
I'm not arguing you on it, but there's far too many armchair cops here. If you quote law/regulation/rules etc, please include the source. It should be a rule. ;)

thank you

/

Cool vid

Because you say so?
I'm not arguing you on it, but there's far too many armchair cops here. If you quote law/regulation/rules etc, please include the source. It should be a rule. ;)

thank you

/

Cool vid

I cant find Ka-boom (The site may be lacking info on it)

But here is something to look at as to what is authorised .
If it is not authorised it would be an illegal explosive .

http://www2.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca/mms/lae-lea/index.cfm?fuseaction=p.sr&lang=eng

You will need to look under special purpose explosives and by manufacturer name to find anything from that link

Gotta try some Ka-boom soon :)
Just because I do

Last edited:

That was very cool! But I'd be wary of doing that (on video) in the future on account of how uppity some folks and our establishment can get.
It MIGHT be hilarious to put 2.5lbs into an old toilet. and it MIGHT rain porcelain for 50m in all directions. But I can't say since that would be illegal, therefore I've never done such a thing.

Just for argument's sake..

the "(max 1lbs. target") is referring to the single packaged target for sale. it's saying Tannerite can't sell you a 50lbs. drum commercially. When I read over the laws on using explosives, the rule of thumb (which I know its a horrible term for something legal) is don't do anything that would endanger yourself or someone else. like put it in a toilet and shoot it from 25 yards away with your buddies.

The target in the video, is safe distance, in a safe area, no difference between setting 10 single targets in a bag by themselves with the packaging, or taking the packaging away, and just putting the product together.

That's how I understood it also. It's still 10 parts of authorized explosive, doesn't say you can't have them together specifically...

Back
Top Bottom