Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 356789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson M&P 15 22LR 32 round mags on sale 11.99

Yes,we saved them for the Canadian market, they are coming in with the export. Both Black and FDE

Please watch for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepg View Post
    I think we are all waiting for that answer. I'm holding off buying other mags for my gun until I hear something about these ones.
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 07-08-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Just so I'm clear here, I can get a 25 round magazine for my S&W M&P 15-22 rifle and it's TOTALLY legal in Canada. Am I correct? Is it a loophole because it states on the packaging that it's specifically for the 15-22 rifle and all I need to do is keep the packaging with me that states so? If so I'll buy four.

From the RCMP website.

Q7. What is the maximum number of cartridges that a firearm magazine can legally hold?

A7. As set out in Criminal Code Regulations, some large-capacity magazines are prohibited regardless of the class of firearm to which the magazines are attached. As a general rule, the maximum magazine capacity is:

5 cartridges for most magazines designed for a semi-automatic centre-fire long gun; or
    10 cartridges for most handgun magazines
    A large-capacity magazine is not prohibited if it has been permanently altered so that it cannot hold more than the number of cartridges allowed by law. Acceptable ways to alter a magazine are set out in the regulations.

There is no limit to the magazine capacity for semi-automatic rim-fire long guns, or for other long guns that are not semi-automatics, with some exceptions. See also Special Bulletin for Businesses No. 72, Maximum Permitted Magazine Capacity.

Here are the exceptions spoken of above.

Current Issues
    1. Magazines designed or manufactured for both rimfire calibre rifles and handguns

Magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a rifle do not have a regulated capacity. However, magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. Magazines designed or manufactured for use in both rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the handgun limit of 10 cartridges.

Example:
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle and 15-22P pistol chambered for 22LR caliber:

the 10 round magazine is unregulated
    the 25 round magazine is a prohibited device
    Example 2*: The Ruger BX-25 magazine, chambered for 22 LR calibre, is designed and manufactured for use in the Ruger SR22 rifle, the 10/22 family of rifles/carbines and the 22 Charger handgun. As a result, this magazine is a prohibited device unless modified so its capacity is 10 cartridges or less. (*This information was not included in the original version of this bulletin, but was added on 2013-09-05.)

What am I missing? Other than I'm not that smart.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Yes,we saved them for the Canadian market, they are coming in with the export. Both Black and FDE

Please watch for updates.
    Anything to update?
    CSSA, CCFR member, former NFA member

Quote Originally Posted by WalknTall95 View Post
    From the RCMP website.

Q7. What is the maximum number of cartridges that a firearm magazine can legally hold?

A7. As set out in Criminal Code Regulations, some large-capacity magazines are prohibited regardless of the class of firearm to which the magazines are attached. As a general rule, the maximum magazine capacity is:

5 cartridges for most magazines designed for a semi-automatic centre-fire long gun; or
    10 cartridges for most handgun magazines
    A large-capacity magazine is not prohibited if it has been permanently altered so that it cannot hold more than the number of cartridges allowed by law. Acceptable ways to alter a magazine are set out in the regulations.

There is no limit to the magazine capacity for semi-automatic rim-fire long guns, or for other long guns that are not semi-automatics, with some exceptions. See also Special Bulletin for Businesses No. 72, Maximum Permitted Magazine Capacity.

Here are the exceptions spoken of above.

Current Issues
    1. Magazines designed or manufactured for both rimfire calibre rifles and handguns

Magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a rifle do not have a regulated capacity. However, magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. Magazines designed or manufactured for use in both rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the handgun limit of 10 cartridges.

Example:
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle and 15-22P pistol chambered for 22LR caliber:

the 10 round magazine is unregulated
    the 25 round magazine is a prohibited device
    Example 2*: The Ruger BX-25 magazine, chambered for 22 LR calibre, is designed and manufactured for use in the Ruger SR22 rifle, the 10/22 family of rifles/carbines and the 22 Charger handgun. As a result, this magazine is a prohibited device unless modified so its capacity is 10 cartridges or less. (*This information was not included in the original version of this bulletin, but was added on 2013-09-05.)

What am I missing? Other than I'm not that smart.
    Yes.. This. They are prohib for the 15-22.
    Last edited by Badger4570; 07-18-2018 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Noted wrong firearm

Yes, the magazines will be coming to Canada this month. We have both FDE and black in stock. In accordance with the RCMP these mags will be restricted to 10 rounds. The price will also stay the same as before.

Stay tuned...

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yep, 10 rounds it is.
    12$ for a 10 rounders is a pretty good price though. I'd buy 10 is I had a 15-22.

Oh....I thought these were going to be 25 to 35 round mags. Still a good price for 10 rnd mags

They dangled the steak and slipped us the weiner.

I was so excited for 35 round mags. But I guess the price is still good.

Any update?