Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: T97NSR-A (Rail Variant)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblr View Post
    I'm totally aware of the T97.ca upgrades. I dislike the look of their FTU, but I love the LHG. This new variant of the T97 solves all my gripes with the original and its mods, hence why I want confirmation I can buy one and slap an LHG on it. I'm supporting domestic manufacturing while still getting my dream rifle
    Not to mention probably cheaper. Getting the Chinese to manufacture a railed upper is probably cheaper than buying an ftu, and it appears to be lower to the bore axis too.

It would be nice in 762x39 as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    barrel sight alighnment will be better with this version..... but I like my FTU.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drifter dave's Avatar
    Does NS ever answer these threads?
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer riptide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge_Buckwheat View Post
    Doesn't look a whole lot different than the setup we already have from a domestic manufacturer for replacing the upper.
    Front rail seems to stick out a little further at the top, but overall very similar. One thing that I can see being appealing is not having to do the modifications yourself. Thankfully my father had all the tools needed, otherwise it would have been a PITA for me to do the modification. The other thing is it would likely be cheaper to have it all assembled and shipped from China then having to buy it piece meal with Canadian parts.

That said I love my FTU and can't wait to pick up my LHG that Canada post said was delivered this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    Not that I could see. I did get a Private Message a few months back in response to a thread I started. I assume they don't want to set a precedent.

Member of the CPC, CSSA, CCFR, OFAH and NRA
    "The disarming of citizens has been a tragic and bloody failure. Violent crime has increased everywhere it's been tried as it serves only to embolden the still-armed criminal. NOT IN MY CANADA!"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Very interesting.

I've been eyeing the t97 for a while, but once you pay for the FTU it just gets too darn expensive for me. If this can be just as cheap as the old t97 I might have to save up for one...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer riptide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Very interesting.

I've been eyeing the t97 for a while, but once you pay for the FTU it just gets too darn expensive for me. If this can be just as cheap as the old t97 I might have to save up for one...
    Find one on the EE. I bought my T97 for $830 shipped. Sure my FTU cost another $350, but for $1200 I'm quite happy with my T97.

CGN Regular
    I like the look even better than the FTU and it seems to sit lower too (but the FTU looks really good too!). The front part of the rail gives a very modern look compared to the original T97.

I would also expect it to be cheaper than buying a regular T97 and adding the FTU.

Now, if Norinco could do something about that awful lower, we wouldn't have to buy a LHG!

Not that I don't like T97.ca, but I can't convince myself to buy a T97 and than add about 2/3 of the rifle's value in modifications VS buying a Tavor or something similar for a little more money.
    Last edited by gunnuts; 10-05-2015 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    I got a PM response regarding my thread detailing the problem with the factory sights, and an easy fix.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...Sight-Question

It came about a month after I made the thread and was basically "We've never heard this complaint before"

My response was "You probably have, just not articulated. Everyone knows the sights suck, I'm just telling you why in detail."

And that was it.

I can see that factory railed version being delayed because someone told that them that there's more to keymod than just the keyhole shape, it has to be tapered inside as well.
    Last edited by Jarvy; 10-06-2015 at 02:10 AM.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast