$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M1C & M1D Offset Scope for M14 / Norinco M305

M1C & M1D Offset Scope for M14 / Norinco M305

Hi,

Relatively new to the M305 Rifle and have been looking around for mounting options. I found M14.CA and life is good (yes, I'll probably be ordering an op rod).

I've shot my friends M305 but found that the scope was high above the barrel and a bit difficult. I've been looking at different options and noticed that some pictures of M14's have offset mounts that move the scope to the left a bit.

Has M14.ca thought of offering a product like this, customized to allow a lower scope but offset?

No sir, we do not have plans to make a scope mount of this type but thank-you for this post.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-07-2015 at 11:53 AM.

Arms 18 offers a lower mount option, but the m14.ca mount will not ever have a feeding problem and I mean never. This mount sits a little higher but will never fail you, or move, or shift. Also buy a tac pro cheek rest for this rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by tb-bo View Post
    Arms 18 offers a lower mount option, but the m14.ca mount will not ever have a feeding problem and I mean never. This mount sits a little higher but will never fail you, or move, or shift. Also buy a tac pro cheek rest for this rifle.
    I like the coyote m1a check rests I hear good things about voodoo as well and there not permanent !

Thanks for the feedback

(if anyone has more input, you are more then welcome to contribute)

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet rally guy's Avatar
    I say go m14.ca all the way have you ever thought about the blackfeather stock with a magpull prs?

You can install a Magpul PRS to a Blackfeather RS stock, yes.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 10-15-2015 at 03:15 PM.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet rally guy's Avatar

Maybe this one would not impact ejection as it is not a one piece rail:
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/416...ount-m1a-matte

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet
    I use nothing but the arms 18. As for ejection issues... Haven't met one I couldn't solve that problem with.
    Get to keep my irons for backup and scope remains low enough a cheek riser isn't needed... And mine never jams either.
    Sure, the steel version of the casm is a good solid mount, and folks seem to like it. BUT, get past the fanboys and you will quickly realize there are other options that have decades long track records.
    In the end , your rifle and it's accessories have to work for you so at least there are options. For a dedicated range/target only rifle, a steel casm prolly is a good choice.

due to the chinese machining prowess, (or lack thereof) i've yet to have an arms 18, archangel or similar side hole and groove receiver mount work well and hold zero on my norc 305's (3 in total). but they do work well on my springfield. the m14.ca mounts are great, but the drawback is the height and the fact that the sight pockets may not be milled square to the reciever, in which case it will shoot off to one side. (24" left at 100yds) on a 22" barrel norc. was able to correct with shimming eventually. so if you wanna pony up the 2300$ for a springfield, an arms 18 would be a good option, if you wanna save a few bucks ( a lot actually) and get a norc. the m14.ca mount is a very good option. depending on your scope choice you can often use "low" or "ultra low" rings due to the fact that alot of good scope options the scope is actually much longer than the mount itself and allows it to sit much lower to the bore. my springfield in the sage chassis can use the lowest setting on the cheek riser with a vortex pst scope.

this was the 305 i had in that chassis originally:

in the end, all of the m1a/m305's that i have optics mounted on use the m14.ca mount
    Last edited by matt_r89; 10-15-2015 at 02:56 PM.

bassett mount will be the best but a little pricy now with our exchange rate low.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast