Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: G9 Mag Adaptor, Pics and Installation thread

Business Member MagWedge Industries's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Out w/ Ur Glock Out View Post
    That's a hell of a lot of modification. Should consider selling them kit installed. Most people won't have the tools or know how to utilize this product.
    Some dealers plan to have them have them available pre-installed.

At this point I am not a gun dealer so I will not be able to sell on this basis.

I must say that the amount of modification necessary has been known for months so I am a little surprised at the reaction of some.

Quote Originally Posted by Grin View Post
    Ok., lets wait.
    Question about installation. Is this bolt mod allows mag drop free?
    Yes it allows the mags to drop free.

I do not see this modification as too complicated. The key here is the adapter, I followed the development on the adapter by Markus and hoped it will be modified for Canada. As i get my hands on one, I will make the detail pictures of modification using basic tools as I do not have milling machine - dremel and files
    Last edited by Grin; 10-07-2015 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagWedge Industries View Post

At this point I am not a gun dealer so I will not be able to sell on this basis.

I must say that the amount of modification necessary has been known for months so I am a little surprised at the reaction of some.
    Well I'm "some"...

And these are your words..

"The other reason that the mag mod is popular is that you CAN return the rifle to its original state .... this is no longer the case once the receiver is modified."

After the mod you've provided, the rifle can be returned to its original state? Doesn't your instruction include modification of the receiver?
    CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Canadian Edition
    Steyr M40-A1
    Ruger 10/45 Lite
    Glock 17

Grin if you want one at the pre order price email me at magwedge@gmail.com with your contact info.

I would be very interested in seeing how you approach the install using basic tools and I think many out there feel the same.

As far as I am concerned I do consider the modification fairly advanced, and I really do not care if a few guys get cold feet and cancel if I say as much.

From my point of view I am doing my due diligence in posting as much detail about the installation process that I can. I am not interested in selling a bunch to folks only to have them ask for their money back later because they "didn't know" how much was involved.

Here it is out in the open and for the most part I have taken no money except for a few guys who were ready to take the plunge as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry135 View Post
    Well I'm "some"...

And these are your words..

"The other reason that the mag mod is popular is that you CAN return the rifle to its original state .... this is no longer the case once the receiver is modified."

After the mod you've provided, the rifle can be returned to its original state? Doesn't your instruction include modification of the receiver?
    Terry I have never said that the G9 mod allowed the rifle to be returned to its original state. The receiver mods as shown here are for installation of the G9

The G3 mod does allow a return to the rifle's original state .... but the G3 is a different system and one that we are not producing yet but plan to have in production shortly.

With all due respect I think maybe you have confused some things.

CGN Regular Rock Out w/ Ur Glock Out's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MagWedge Industries View Post

Indeed, and its not meant to be any slight against the product. I'm just coming into this one, so my suggestion is solely based on opening the product up to a larger market. It appears thus far to be a very superior aftermarket option and sometimes to get that kind of quality and fit working together it requires modifications beyond what the "average" person can perform and/or has the tools for. I myself am interested in this product but am in the position, frankly, of not having the tools or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Out w/ Ur Glock Out View Post
    Indeed, and its not meant to be any slight against the product. I'm just coming into this one, so my suggestion is solely based on opening the product up to a larger market. It appears thus far to be a very superior aftermarket option and sometimes to get that kind of quality and fit working together it requires modifications beyond what the "average" person can perform and/or has the tools for. I myself am interested in this product but am in the position, frankly, of not having the tools or knowledge.
    No worries ... watch for the G3 it may be a better option for you.

Can I load an entire 10 round stripper clip Into one of those XCR mags once this mod is done?

Not sure about loading stripper clips as these are AR15 style magazines but they will hold 10 rounds and if the adaptor is properly properly installed it will shoot reliably.
    Last edited by MagWedge Industries; 10-08-2015 at 03:55 AM.