Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: G9 Mag Adaptor, Pics and Installation thread

Business Member MagWedge Industries's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovegunz View Post
    Doesn't look too bad, I've been planning on going the die grinder route since I saw these available and I'm still confident I won't have any real trouble doing it. The hard part is going to be cutting up my $200 archangel stock, that's gonna hurt!
    Maybe buy a cheap spare wood stock and try the archangel after a practice run on the spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck44 View Post
    I know my 'smith did do some cutting but until you mentioned it I had not noticed. You won't either.

Worth doing though IMHO. I wish Magwedge would make an adaptor for the CZ/VZ58.858 rifles as well.

Take Care

Bob
    I have been thinking about it, but first we need to be certain what will happen to these rifles under our newly elected government.

CGN Regular
    what brand of mags do you guys recommend for this adaptor and where do you buy em

Quote Originally Posted by upinsmokeweldinginc View Post
    what brand of mags do you guys recommend for this adaptor and where do you buy em
    XCR mags in 7.62x39 made by ASC .... there are probably other stores that have some in stock, but I know for a fact that Wolverine has a supply

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck44 View Post
    I know my 'smith did do some cutting but until you mentioned it I had not noticed. You won't either.

Worth doing though IMHO. I wish Magwedge would make an adaptor for the CZ/VZ58.858 rifles as well.

Take Care

Bob
    Hey Bob thanks for posting the final fitment, it looks awesome!

Where abouts is your Gunsmith located? I'm in Vancouver but it might be worth a quick road trip!

Thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aperiso View Post
    Hey Bob thanks for posting the final fitment, it looks awesome!

Where abouts is your Gunsmith located? I'm in Vancouver but it might be worth a quick road trip!

Thanks!
    Well I am up in Terrace so I would not use the word "quick" in the same sentence as road trip. Terrace is about 16 hours from Vancouver non stop. My 'smith is in Kitimat. Great guy. Not sure he wants to do a lot of conversions though. He did mine for next to nothing, He is a retired machinist who does great work on guns now though.

Take Care

Bob
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Suffer the fools with grace...God made enough of them

installation vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y7tulG4hHM

Not an official vid, but one released by a customer.

The interesting part is his use of common power tools to install. He seems pleased with the results ....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    Just a quick update. I now have three of my four mags running with 10rds. The fourth is still problematic. I shortened the front leg on the follower for each of the mags. This had the effect of tilting the follower so the cartridges would ride more nose up. With the fourth mag I clipped half a link off of the spring. This now allows 9 rounds to be loaded and cycled. I may have to shorten the front leg of the follower a bit more with this mag.

This mod is certainly worth doing if you want to have a SKS running with 10 rd capacity. Unless you have some metallurgical skills though I am not at all sure the conversion should be attempted without the proper equipment and skills.

Take Care

Bob
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Suffer the fools with grace...God made enough of them

OK, Up

Thanks Dave for linking my video I hope it helps everyone who wants to convert theses rifles. I have been able to eliminate all the other tools I first used and have the dremel do it all now since I have completed my 7th SKS. Marcus has brought more joy to many with his invention. I do give him the credit for the G9 I have seen the proof on my own and he did indeed make this.Not to mention I love Magwedge and their parts.