Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SKS with AR mag adapter installed on the website now!

Ok, I'll ask some stupid questions. First of all I love it and want it.
    I do own a Jr Carbine and know the loophole in the Canadian firearms act.
    Now, We are taking a firearm that is legally bound to 5 rounds and modifying it with a dremel tool to fit a different magwell and mag to shoot 10 rounds.
    Now when the off chance that a law enforcement officer of someone of the MNR asks me about this (I do shoot off-range), what would be my answer?
    Because "I bought mags that are not for my firearm and used a dremel tool to make it all fit together" Doesnt seem like as answer that will keep me out of having a bad day.
    Good job, BTW!

We are not allowed to modify the mags, but we can use pistol mags in a rifle we have modified.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

Quote Originally Posted by lmar View Post
    Another way of looking at it it is what is the cost of every other non-restricted 10-round semi-auto rifle available in Canada chambered for 7.62X39 ammunition.

Cool product, but another way of looking at is: $500+ over a standard SKS for the ability to shoot #5 extra Rd.'s w/o reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    The install is $199, The adapter is $199, mags $30, we are backlogged for installs 3-4 weeks right now though....

Not to discredit the labour costs, but it must be a very time consuming install as Hi-Cal sells the magwell adapter kit for $200 and SKS's sell for about $200 (+/-$20) leaving approximately a $300 value for the install (minus the cost of one #10Rd. mag.=$30).

Edit: I stand corrected as Hi-Cal. states the labour is only $199, not the $300 like I was calculating, so a better deal if bringing them your own SKS to have modified for the install of this mag adapter.

However buying the part and installing it myself may be a reason to get me back into another modified SKS, because buying/owning/shooting a SKS rifle (approx.=$200) capable of running #10Rd. pistol mag.'s (Hi-Cal. mag. adapter part=$200), with an aftermarket stock (approx.=$160) and a #10rd. pistol mag. (approx.=$30) all for under $600 (w/o taxes when doing the install one's self) comes across like a pretty good deal and a really fun set-up.

Cheers D
    Last edited by Zeroed-In; 12-14-2015 at 03:41 AM.
    Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

Any ballpark on pricing for the adapter and gunsmithing costs on guns we send to you.
    I'm guessing around $450 for both ($700 - cost of SKS )? Or $250 just for the gunsmithing?
    I wouldn't want to send my SKS and then find out the costs are more than this.

Yes, we will do any gunsmithing to your SKS you send to us, just ship it with a detailed note. We will contact you when it arrives & confirm details & discuss options. However we will only install our own Hical mag adapters, as we know they function & install perfectly! We have converted SKSs in stock ready to ship as well if you prefer.
    Last edited by 9mmGunGuy; 12-13-2015 at 08:15 AM.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

these are compatible with all aftermarket stock systems?

Quote Originally Posted by jt_trouble View Post
    these are compatible with all aftermarket stock systems?
    yes, all aftermarket stocks except the Sabertooth aluminium stock we carry.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Any ballpark on pricing for the adapter and gunsmithing costs on guns we send to you.
    I'm guessing around $450 for both ($700 - cost of SKS )? Or $250 just for the gunsmithing?
    I wouldn't want to send my SKS and then find out the costs are more than this.
    The install is $249, The adapter is $199, mags $30, we are backlogged for installs 3-4 weeks right now though....
    Last edited by hical.ca; 10-19-2016 at 06:20 PM.

Great upgrade to such a popular rifle. Looks like it works without any trouble .
    I'll bet you sell a TON of them . Glad I held on to my SKS- D , but I think
    your mag change will be a lot smoother !!

Great Job !

Ok, let me know when things calm down a bit. I'm not in a hurry since I can't use the outdoor range 'till spring.
    I have a Russian SKS I'd like to get upgraded and maybe a new stock installed at the same time.

The install is $249, The adapter is $199, mags $30, we are backlogged for installs 3-4 weeks right now though....
    Last edited by hical.ca; 10-19-2016 at 06:21 PM.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Regular
    Srry for grave digging an old thread. Just wondering whats the ETA for sks's already with the adapter installed be for sale?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast