Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Gun Safes for a beginner

And there are many mods you can do to a Costco safe such as this thread. Use the search button as there are several here.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ht=Costco+safe
    Member- NRA NFA CSSA CCFR CSC

Thanks very much. I was able to confirm the pricing @ $399.99 and stock at a closer store, so I am sending the wife to go get it today. She'll have to sweet talk a couple guys @ Costco to help lift it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal72 View Post
    It was priced at $449.00 when I looked at it month ago so hopefully its still $399.00.
    My safe is still in the box I ripped part of the top open and measured it don't want to take it out of the box until I get it placed where I want it. The thing is freaking heavy.
    21" X 16" X 59" 7.77 Cubic feet internal capacity. Gross weight 123 kg.
    Looks like it is very similar to the one online with the item#250202. Its 1.5 inch bigger and a bit heavier but same internal capacity it has a better fire rating. I can imagine that the huge difference in price is also due to the cost of shipping such a heavy item.

What brand is the Costco safe and is it listed online? Thanks.

These guys might be an option: http://www.canadiansafe.ca/
    Here is an excellent video concerning gun safe purchases: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK-bDbADa8
    John 3:16. If not then unfortunately John 3:36
    Firearms owners are the difference between Tyranny & Freedom!!
    GUN CONTROL IS NOT CRIME CONTROL. ITS POPULATION CONTROL!
    Faith is not knowing what the future holds but knowing who holds the future

What brand is the Costco safe and is it listed online? Thanks.
    It is a First Alert Protector. The one in store is not online but looks similar to one they have online but the door on mine is all black not stainless, the store version has a lower fire rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal72 View Post
    It is a First Alert Protector. The one in store is not online but looks similar to one they have online but the door on mine is all black not stainless, the store version has a lower fire rating.
    Thanks. Which store had it? I've looked at the Burnaby store a few times and I haven't seen it there. I wonder why they charge so much more online.

Quote Originally Posted by vandave View Post
    Thanks. Which store had it? I've looked at the Burnaby store a few times and I haven't seen it there. I wonder why they charge so much more online.
    Take the item# from this thread and just call a couple of stores. When I did that, Richmond and Langley both had several on hand.

So are these Costco safes only available out west? Here in Ontario Costco seems to sell some safes in stores, but they're all way too small to hold long guns, and their online deals aren't great. I ended up ordering a Liberty Revolution 12 from TSC. I hope it's of decent quality, it certainly seemed superior to the Canadian Tire Stack-On.

You'll buy more...
    I may not be as good as I once was...but I'm as good once as I ever was

Don't practise until you get it right...practise until you can't get it wrong

Don't forget to include space for you ammo if you don't want to have it lying arround in lock boxes.
    I have 2 safes one for my rifles and pistols and the other for all my ammo.

With the way things are for buying ammo at a cheap prices you end up buying in bulk when you don't need it and stacking deep for when the shops run out and the prices go sky high.
    CSSA, CCFR, NFA, CPC and Ontario PC Member
    http://canadiangunrights.com for Letter/Email templates and campaigns