Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Southern Alberta Tavor Course: It's Happening!

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Step 1. Go back and read the legislation.

Step 2. Read the part which speaks about the exceptions to getting a permit. One of them says a pal is exception to having a permit.

Step 3. Realize that the exception means you don't have to apply for a permit, which means you don't need to show a reason to need a permit because you won't be applying for a permit because you have a pal already.

Step 4. If you still don't get it start a different thread and keep this one on topic. The topic being the course.
    Read my post above. I already wrote I am not correct. Need I say more?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by count1 View Post
    Read my post above. I already wrote I am not correct. Need I say more?
    You don't need a permit if you have a pal in alberta. It is an exception. As i deal with that legislation daily as part of my employment and have purchased body armour from dealers in alberta using my pal alone I can assure you this is how it is. End of story.

If you need to say more then start another thread.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Never seen two people argue to the same end for so long... He said he was wrong already.

Would have picked up a tavor just to do this course if I'd have known in advance. The pics make it look like a blast. Rocky Mountain house would make a good outdoor venue for a follow up on the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Kranatos View Post
    Never seen two people argue to the same end for so long... He said he was wrong already.

Would have picked up a tavor just to do this course if I'd have known in advance. The pics make it look like a blast. Rocky Mountain house would make a good outdoor venue for a follow up on the summer
    An outdoor range would be fantastic. And a little softer on the elbow for prone haha. Bring elbow pads and knee pads.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

You wouldn't have been the only one! We had a few people at this course who were fresh to the rifle.

How about another snapshot?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    An outdoor range would be fantastic. And a little softer on the elbow for prone haha. Bring elbow pads and knee pads.
    Did Lovie demonstrate long range shooting techniques with the Tavor? Or CQB all the way?
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN frequent flyer Jerry Champagne's Avatar

Lot of great out door ranges in Ontario. You westerners had your turn
    I see your Jihad and Raise you a Crusade

Have you ever smelt your enemy's last breath? Have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    Did Lovie demonstrate long range shooting techniques with the Tavor? Or CQB all the way?
    There was a heavy emphasis on proper form and hold of the rifle throughout this course hence why both mornings were dedicated entirely to dry drills. Hold, firearm manipulation for magazine changes, how to quickly go from standing to kneeling to prone and how to properly utilize the trigger reset and firing cadence.

All of these things if done well will translate into accurate shooting both at close and longer distances. I'm sure if we had the distance it would have been noticeable.

Essentially worked a lot on grip, sight alignment, body position and trigger control. All this required for marksmanship in close and at distance.

So yes, as much as she could have with the short distances we had.

BANNED
    WOW I can't believe I missed this....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    There was a heavy emphasis on proper form and hold of the rifle throughout this course hence why both mornings were dedicated entirely to dry drills. Hold, firearm manipulation for magazine changes, how to quickly go from standing to kneeling to prone and how to properly utilize the trigger reset and firing cadence.

All of these things if done well will translate into accurate shooting both at close and longer distances. I'm sure if we had the distance it would have been noticeable.

Essentially worked a lot on grip, sight alignment, body position and trigger control. All this required for marksmanship in close and at distance.

So yes, as much as she could have with the short distances we had.
    Thanks fenceline!
    So this is as close to IDF training as you can get? They must be exceptional marksmen in Israel!
    Did you find your stock trigger a hindrance vs. the Geiselles? When I spoke to the IWI rep at SHOT, he had never heard of the Geiselle and Super Sabra bow. I told him he had to go to Bill's booth to check out the rifle!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.