Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 356789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Southern Alberta Tavor Course: It's Happening!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    No aftermarket triggers failed on the course. That was a general reference to other failures that have been seen with after market triggers. Tvpp showed ways to lighten the stock trigger without replacing the stock trigger pack. To around 6lbs.

Needless to say, I won't be changing my trigger system, be it the trigger pack, trigger, or anything in between. Personal preference. The cost isn't justified for me YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    This is quite disturbing. Where did this come from? I know TVPP's Timney broke, as have many in the US and a few in Canada, but I have only heard of one instance where a Giessele broke and it was chalked up to some how slipping through the QC xray checks of the cast hammers.

Fun fact: Giessele hammers are cast in the same foundry with the same metal, using the same process as the OEM IWI Israel hammers. I doubt you will see any Geissles fail unless its a fluke.
    See post above. I believe he was talking about the broken triggers you just referenced as they were the ones noted by Tvpp on the course.

There does appear to be a different wear pattern between the two styles of bolt groups.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    I think I am going to start a rifle weigh in thread in the black rifles forum. I always try to keep my systems light, but its so easy to add crap on that you dont use.

I like to strike a balance of weight vs function. I am very pleased with how my Tav has turned out.

My Tavor features the following changes:
    -Manticore curved buttpad
    -Manticore Luma Safeties (large & slim)
    -Fab-defense Tar-Podium
    -Giessele Super Sabra sear/hammer pack
    -Giessele Lightning Bow
    -Gear Head Works front sight post
    -Factory mod rail
    -Surefire 600u Scout light and tape switch
    -front and rear retro-fitted QD cups
    -removed ejection port cover (replaced with another ejection port frame)
    -double Galloway angled shell deflectors (left and right side)
    -Lantac Dragon brake

Weight with a QD Mepro M21: 9lbs 5oz
    Weight with an Elcan Specter DR 1-4x: 9lbs 15oz.
    Trigger break averages at 3.5lbs.

Very impressive weight considering it has an optic, BUIS, weapon light, and a bipod. TVPP was sure I would need the fish hook to weigh it with the Elcan. Lol proved him wrong

At the end of the day though, the rifle still fealt heavy after doing all those drills.
    Last edited by onetwentyish; 11-10-2015 at 05:13 AM.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

My legs are feeling it today for sure. I think we discovered isreali burpees hahaha.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Where is my like button. Damn these forums really need one. Haha
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Me too. I was hobbling around Calgary today haha...

It was good to meet everyone! I like my tavor even more after running it in that class. I'm in for the next one (but I'm going to be in better shape)!

Also, I won't be changing the trigger either. Works fine, and my trigger pull was a hair over 10lb.

My rifle, basically stock with a vickers sling and an Eotech 512 was less than an ounce over 9lb.
    Last edited by mspben; 11-10-2015 at 05:28 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    How was Lovie's personal Tavor set up? Was her trigger stock?
    Did you guys end up with the angled mag coupler for quick mag changes? Or was the heel bump technique taught?
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    How was Lovie's personal Tavor set up? Was her trigger stock?
    Did you guys end up with the angled mag coupler for quick mag changes? Or was the heel bump technique taught?
    Lovie had a Tavor when she was in the IDF. An x95 if i recall correctly. She used TVPP'S Tavor. She was surprised to see so many people changing the triggers. She saw no issues with the stock trigger.

The heal bump technique for removing the mag is not an IDF practice. It's a civilian "look at what I just thought up" gimmick. Most shooters were using a mag couple. Single mag changes from a pouch.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Lovie had a Tavor when she was in the IDF. An x95 if i recall correctly. She used TVPP'S Tavor. She was surprised to see so many people changing the triggers. She saw no issues with the stock trigger.

The heal bump technique for removing the mag is not an IDF practice. It's a civilian "look at what I just thought up" gimmick. Most shooters were using a mag couple. Single mag changes from a pouch.
    She must have loved TVPP's gun! Or 120ish!
    I did a Tavor thread 5 months ago with my impressions. Take a peek at it. You'll see what I said about the stock trigger.
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...Lessons-learnt!
    I can see how the heel bump is more tactical than practical!!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    She must have loved TVPP's gun! Or 120ish!
    I did a Tavor thread 5 months ago with my impressions. Take a peek at it. You'll see what I said about the stock trigger.
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...Lessons-learnt!
    I can see how the heel bump is more tactical than practical!!
    She said that Tvpp tavor was similar in overall size to hers, but complained about his 6lb trigger mods which deleted the two stage trigger and trigger reset. So "must have loved" might be a strong assumption.

If something isn't practical, it is less than tactical. Practical wins gun fights. Fancy does not.

Yeah, anything that was not to spec of the issued IDF Tavors felt different and odd to her, so it wasn't something she preferred.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA