Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Southern Alberta Tavor Course: It's Happening!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    I, for one, would like to know how a righty shoots an unmodified Tavor weak handed without getting hit in the face with brass and getting said brass flying back into the ejection port.

Quote Originally Posted by CamDelle View Post
    You know it would be great if the participants could get a break down of what we did. course outline or something. I know note taking was mentioned but at times I had trouble just standing up. LOL..... No Really I did!!!!!
    We have a PDF for you Cam!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    That is a little creepy.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    That is a little creepy.
    I thought the same thing!
    Funny though!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Thanks again to Zahal, CSC, TVPP, and all the great people at the course. I've uploaded all of the Go Pro footage and sent it off to TVPP.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahal.org View Post
    We have a PDF for you Cam!
    Awesome.

Thank you my friend!

The heal bump technique for removing the mag is not an IDF practice. It's a civilian "look at what I just thought up" gimmick. Most shooters were using a mag couple. Single mag changes from a pouch.[/QUOTE]

One guy in the course had a scar on his hand from the heal bump technique and others mentioned it was easy to hurt your hand with it. It does not seem worth training.

Press checks

[QUOTE=onetwentyish;11951233]

[Speaking of press checks: Who does a press check after every time you re-insert a magazine?! Might as well do a press check after every round to make sure it successfully stripped the next round. I get doing a press check upon intial loading/charging sequence or after clearing a stoppage (especially if reusing the mag that initiated the stoppage) but after every mag is ridiculous and basically nullifies the need for a bolt hold open device since you will be required to pull on the charging handle anyways, and in my opinion put your rifle at risk of not having the bolt seat all the way back down after only letting it fly home...]

I think with a new mag they only press check if they are in cover and have the time to do so. When we did the fast reload drills I don't recall press checking. During the live fire for the stoppage drills we press checked because we had to move to cover but for the fast mag change drills I did not. (Or I was doing it wrong all weekend). Maybe Zahal.org can ask Lovie to clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    WOW I can't believe I missed this....
    Yeah you could have learned how to take the rifle apart without breaking ####

Looks like you guys had a hell of a good time it's nice too see something different then the typical courses based around the ar.
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    [QUOTE=JonnyEVIL;11953226]
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post

[Speaking of press checks: Who does a press check after every time you re-insert a magazine?! Might as well do a press check after every round to make sure it successfully stripped the next round. I get doing a press check upon intial loading/charging sequence or after clearing a stoppage (especially if reusing the mag that initiated the stoppage) but after every mag is ridiculous and basically nullifies the need for a bolt hold open device since you will be required to pull on the charging handle anyways, and in my opinion put your rifle at risk of not having the bolt seat all the way back down after only letting it fly home...]

I think with a new mag they only press check if they are in cover and have the time to do so. When we did the fast reload drills I don't recall press checking. During the live fire for the stoppage drills we press checked because we had to move to cover but for the fast mag change drills I did not. (Or I was doing it wrong all weekend). Maybe Zahal.org can ask Lovie to clarify?
    Every reload or stoppage drill finished with a press check. I got told a couple of times. Just couldn't get it.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY