Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Southern Alberta Tavor Course: It's Happening!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skoal View Post
    Yeah you could have learned how to take the rifle apart without breaking ####

Looks like you guys had a hell of a good time it's nice too see something different then the typical courses based around the ar.
    ---tssssssssssssssss---

Thats the sound of a burn...
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Every reload or stoppage drill finished with a press check. I got told a couple of times. Just couldn't get it.
    Same. Im used of doing press checks when I load up, but not after mag changes. She made a point of calling me out because I kept forgetting to do 'em. Haha

Edit. Oopps, looks like made a mistake and wasn't watching to make sure the filter cleaned up my words. Sorry about that guys! Ill try to keep it cleaner going forward!
    Last edited by onetwentyish; 11-11-2015 at 04:00 AM. Reason: cleaned up some language
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Same. Im used of doing press checks when I load up, but not after mag changes. She made a point of calling me out because I kept forgetting to do 'em. Haha
    Maybe she called you out for some other reason...
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

All in all, I enjoyed the course. Lovie, Yoav and TVPP did a great job of putting it together. Carl and Brett from CSC were really good to be around as well, really helpful during the course.
    Looking forward to the next one.
    Yep, it's like that.....

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post

Every reload or stoppage drill finished with a press check. I got told a couple of times. Just couldn't get it.
    I would like clarification on this. It seems to me none of the dry fire drill reinforced this - thoughts?. I only press checked when we initially loaded at the firing line - I did no further press checks through the live fire drills and I didn't hear anything about it. Perhaps Lovie considered me a lost cause haha...

I remember us having the conversation, and I thought it was weird.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    WOW I can't believe I missed this....
    Your name actually came up when the guys were converting a rifle to left hand and were removing the barrel. We discussed what could go wrong if the charging handle etc. weren't removed before we tried to take the barrel out.

I have a whole new appreciation for the Tavor; I saw guns have their barrels taken off mid day and be totally reworked, but still function great during the live fire. It's a great gun! I did see someone's top rail come loose - so if you have that off torque it down well or re loctite it when you reinstall it.

I could only imagine how tired I would have been with a 20" AR or an XCR or something where the weight is out front.

The other neat thing was seeing all the different configurations. A lot of guys were running different optics and accessories.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by mspben View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    WOW I can't believe I missed this....
    Your name actually came up when the guys were converting a rifle to left hand and were removing the barrel. We discussed what could go wrong if the charging handle etc. weren't removed before we tried to take the barrel out.

Ben
    Shhh. DILLIGAF wasn't sopposed to know!!
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Little off topic, someone above says they removed the port cover and made an ejection port so that you could see the chamber better. Wouldn't that splash gas in your face?

Quote Originally Posted by t_102 View Post
    Little off topic, someone above says they removed the port cover and made an ejection port so that you could see the chamber better. Wouldn't that splash gas in your face?
    TVPP demonstrated this to me early this summer and I have followed suite, so 2 rifles at the course were like that.

He made the point that there are 2 ways to deal with gas:

A) you try and hold it back, which keeps pressure on the system giving jet blasts around the OEM port cover, you can fix that with the GHW Flex

-or-

B) you try to disperse the gas as quickly as possible.

I find "A" with the GHW "flex fix" works well, but I also find that "B" works equally well with a different set of features than GHW Flex's Swivel point.

Just a note: operator beards probably will not approve of the dispersion methods... haha
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Shhh. DILLIGAF wasn't sopposed to know!!