Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fake Cans and barrle shrouds

yep no problem at all
    if you can tell me the distance from the front of the nea gas block to the back side crush washer.

we are thinking the first ones we will do will be like this and the spikes unit, which are about 5.5 inch long and 1.25 on the OD.
    we can bore out more of less to get the right length.
    I.E. if you wanted one on a 10.5 inch ar in 223 we would only got in a bit, if you were planning to cover most of a 14.5 drill a little deeper, or just thread it from the muzzle end.
    Ive got a bunch of nea rails at the shop so ill see how much space is In the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzballer View Post
    Sorry BBB. For a shroud to screw in to the muzzle threading and cover the barrel back to the NEA free floating quad rail (it actually is a 9" rail).

So it looks like this.

simon, make one that is " long" ( spike tactical ish) and make one that is "short" ( less than 3inch in OAL). because guys that are running 16" AR midlength don't have that much room between the muzzle and the gas block.

OR, make a regular one that is similar to Spikes and then make one that extends forward so guys with 10.3 inch barrel can use it too.

I myself would be in for 3 if that is whats being made

Thanks BBB, I will measure it when I get back home. I imagine with the NEA Rail system you could hollow it out some what if the shroud was two long and slide it inside the NEA free floating rail. But I would imagine it's about 3 1/2" from muzzle tip to front of the free floating rails. (Based on the barrel being a 12 1/2", the threading I think is usually 1/2" deep?)

Regardless, if what ever you guys make fits. I'll buy one for sure.
    NFA/CSSA Member since the Swiss Arms and CZ 858 Reclassification!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RobertMcC's Avatar

One that looks like a suppressor and not just a hollowed out oversized tube.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer weasel1's Avatar
    I'd like something for the SKS. Specifically a shroud for those who have removed their bayonet lugs and fsb. Bonus points if you could figure out a way to get a front sight(windage and elevation adjustable) on it so those who have a Magwedge rail can have their back-up sight restored.
    "We're only immortal, for a limited time." -Rush

brs99 barrel shroud
    Si vis pacem para bellum. "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzballer View Post
    I would totally buy a barrel shroud for my AR. I currently have a 12.5" barrel and a 10" fore grip. Would a shroud be able to be made to screw in to the threaded barrel and bump up against the NEA grip? To give it more of a honey badger kind of look?
    +1 for fake can to fit NEA 12.5" Barrel with 9" Forend. Would like the NEA foreend to protrude over the fake can.
    Last edited by zader1; 10-18-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Plus that would give me an excuse to order some Atrs 10 round mags to match this fancy new shroud.
    NFA/CSSA Member since the Swiss Arms and CZ 858 Reclassification!

CGN Regular
    A replica of aac supressor m4 that would fit on an aac brakeout 51t system. You can have my credit card info right now.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    I would be in for a shroud that covers the barrel and screws in to the muzzle Simon so long as we don't get F##### with the libtard, communist c#ck s#ckers
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!