Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer Introduces Legion Series

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    I picked up mine for $1749 CAD from Phoenix Indoor Range and Gun Shop in Edmonton. I was fortunate enough to get one of two P226 SAO Legions that they ordered from M.D. Charlton a few months back. The pistol arrived 2 weeks ago and is superb in every regard. It is far, far nicer than the German P226 SA/DA that I had previously. The Trigger release and reset has to be experienced to be believed! The ergos are improved with the undercut trigger guard and semi-beavertail. The G10 grips and steel chequering are excellent and really lock the pistol in your grip without chewing up your skin. I really like the Sig SAO system with the ability to place the pistol on "Safe" regardless of the hammer position.

All things considered, the Sig P226 SAO Legion is pretty close to my ideal in a 9mm fighting handgun. My only criticism of the Legion series would be the finish, which appears to be less than perfect in some instances. With my own pistol, the bottom interior of the Mag Well is anodized (clear) but not PVD-coated the dark "Legion Gray" colour. This must be where a jig held the parts during PVD deposition, thus preventing the coating of those areas. It is a non-issue in terms of function or aesthetics, but is worth noting for the nit-pickers among us! Otherwise, the SIG Legion is pistol perfection.

Just like Achilles heel...
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by anoxia View Post
    Any word on the 229?
    Start looking state side. I had to go that route for mine because nobody in Canada even had these on the radar yet; they were too busy filling P226 orders.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jory View Post
    Start looking state side. I had to go that route for mine because nobody in Canada even had these on the radar yet; they were too busy filling P226 orders.
    So you imported yours without the barrel?
    Cathy

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RC Fan View Post
    So you imported yours without the barrel?
    Nope. You order the gun and you order either a threaded barrel or a Canadian length barrel, then have the importer swap in the new barrel before it comes into the country.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    Nope. You order the gun and you order either a threaded barrel or a Canadian length barrel, then have the importer swap in the new barrel before it comes into the country.
    Thanks for the info!
    Cathy

Why not just buy a p226R and get Trijicon HD sights, grayguns p-sait trigger, p224 controls, hogue grips (Of your choosing) and send it in for the action enhancement package? Almost all of the features of the legion without the silly beaver tail, and you can play around with the customization a bit (grip selection, front sight color).

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by USPfan View Post
    Why not just buy a p226R and get Trijicon HD sights, grayguns p-sait trigger, p224 controls, hogue grips (Of your choosing) and send it in for the action enhancement package? Almost all of the features of the legion without the silly beaver tail, and you can play around with the customization a bit (grip selection, front sight color).
    By the time you do all that, you will have spent more money. Also, I happen to like the beavertail.

I don't believe you can purchase the Legion SAO trigger at this time. As far as the Grayguns DA/SA trigger, where are these available in Canada? Sending it to him will take several months.
    Cathy

This is true about the SAO trigger, I was referring to the DA/SA. I had a friend in the US order my grayguns trigger and p224 controls and just shipped them up here. Took two weeks and $19 in customs fees.

I personally despise the beavertail but to each their own.

Me two want one.
    JP
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by USPfan View Post
    That could work, minus the nice grips, grey PVD, X-ray sights (better than trijicon IMO), and the boner you get from having a legion.

All jokes aside, it could work. I don't know that it would be any cheaper though.