Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Support You Sport

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tuner View Post
    I'm from Western Canada (so NFA would have been the natural choice) .. . but joined the CSSA this afternoon .. It is important to have one clear COMMUNITY VOICE!! Time for all to get behind the CSSA - time for the CSSA to make room for the other groups leadership to be part of the management team. The fragmentation of the gun owners has to stop.

We need one clear voice..
    We need a clear voice to the government sure but we need many voices to the non-gun owners out there.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Regular
    From https://www.liberal.ca/realchange/guns/ with my own thoughts on each point.

We will take action to get handguns and assault weapons off our streets.

How about just the illegal ones?

Over the last decade, Stephen Harper has steadily weakened our gun laws in ways that make Canadians more vulnerable and communities more dangerous.

Stephen Harper decided to stop treating law abiding gun owners like criminals.

We will take pragmatic action to make it harder for criminals to get, and use, handguns and assault weapons. We will:

- Repeal changes made by Bill C-42 that allow restricted and prohibited weapons to be freely transported without a permit.

Criminals already transport without a permit so this only affects law abiding gun owners.

- We will put decision-making about weapons restrictions back in the hands of police, not politicians. We will modify the membership of the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee to include knowledgeable law enforcement officers, public health advocates, representatives from women’s groups, and members of the legal community.

If anyone still expects fair decisions based on facts and not emotions with a jury THAT stacked against us, I have a bridge for sale on Kijiji.

- Provide $100 million each year to the provinces and territories to support guns and gangs police task forces to take illegal guns off our streets and reduce gang violence.

I thought I was already paying for this service. Guess not. My concern here is that these new “task forces” are going to have to justify their budgets with numbers and results. Law abiding gun owners are going to become “examples” or the “easy picking low hanging fruit” because, unlike actual gang members, WE WON'T shoot back at police.

- Require enhanced background checks for anyone seeking to purchase a handgun or other restricted firearm.

“Oh, sorry. We found something in your background check that disqualifies you from owning a handgun or restricted firearm. No, we don't have to tell you what it is. Now f%ck off and drive safely.”

- Require purchasers of firearms to show a license when they buy a gun.

We already do this.

- Require all sellers of firearms to confirm that the license is valid before completing the sale.

By “all”, I take this to mean they're going to include private sales by individuals? I'm also going to assume they won't be adding extra staff at the CFC to handle the extra volume of calls?

- Require firearms vendors to keep records of all firearms inventory and sales to assist police in investigating firearms trafficking and other gun crimes.

“We will not create a new national long-gun registry to replace the one that has been dismantled.” Instead, we will force compliance from vendors to do it for us. For free.

- Immediately implement the imported gun marking regulations that have been repeatedly delayed by Stephen Harper.

Stamping "Canada" or "CA" or your favorite character from My Little Pony on a gun won't change how a CRIMINAL uses it. Maybe there was a reason this was delayed?

- As part of our investment in border infrastructure, invest in technologies to enhance our border guards’ ability to detect and halt illegal guns from the United States entering into Canada.

What if the bulk of illegal firearms aren't coming in through established border crossings?

We will ensure that Canada becomes a party to the International Arms Trade Treaty.

“We didn't ban your guns but we did sign on for these new international obligations so hand 'em over.”
    "Arm yourself because no one else here will save you." - Chris Cornell

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Here is a little video we put together right after the election.

More so now than ever Canadian Firearms enthusiasts need to get organized, get united and so Canadians that we
    aren't something to be feared, not something to be targeted and most of all we are just the people next door.
    I'm in it with you my friend. If it comes to something like that private members bill s-231 passing then it might have to come to something more substantial than teachings though. I certainly hope it doesn't become that insane but in today's world nothing is impossible.

Great video. I 100% agree. Now just wondering if the video was 5:56 in length on purpose? Lol
    "Take a deep breath, and find your balls..."

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crasheralex View Post
    Great video. I 100% agree. Now just wondering if the video was 5:56 in length on purpose? Lol

Actually it wasn't, so I take that as a sign LOL.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456