Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Pro ears - best hearing pro !!!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby! View Post
    Saying they are the best is a stretch.

People are sick of fake claims by retailers and manufactures.

I'm not saying they are bad, but they definitely don't have the requirements to be stated clearly as BEST.
    Hey Shibby,
    I appreciate your comments.. as who knows for sure when a product is truly the best one out there ??
    Being in shooting for over 20 years, the Pro Ears (from what I've heard over these years), has the reputation of being the best brand out there...ask some old timers in your club...
    Now, with many other brands stepping up their game and offering high end models too, is tougher competition out there.
    But none have leather wrapped cushions (from I know), I don't think any have longer than a 1 year warranty, even on their higher end models (from what I've seen..I haven't searched them all), a couple out there like the msa and another brand (I've bookmarked page, but can't find now..I'll find it), are over $300 U.S., and msa, have much lower 18-19nrr (so kinda pointless to spend so much on those, IMHO), and the other, had decent specs and nrr, but is $390U.S....and decent nrr, but I think only 1 year warranty... I'll find link and post it here.

So, I guess I can't 100% say they are the best, but they do have great reputation for many years, as being the best... So, please ask around and feel free to share any feedback you find. Maybe another brand has over taken this reputation ? If there is, I'm happy to check it out and possibly sell it as well.

Cheers.

Business Member
    Reminder of promo and an added promo option:

Various models in stock and few more to arrive in April !! Better to order now, to ensure model/colour of your choice !!

Free shipping for models over $100
    Models less than that, are free shipping if order as Combo package with pair of Eye wear (of $100 value or greater).

and
    If order Hearing and pro and Eye Pro (each are under $100), then get 5% Off, but not free shipping. Contact me to arrange the promo code.

My opinion as to why 6000 hits without many purchases.

The $100 models are big and bulky when compared to equally performing competitor models selling for less.
    Same theory for the rest of the line up, when compared to the competition these are big and bulky and often more expensive.

My 2 cents
    - Elite System Performance
    - IPSC-IDPA-CSSA-CCFR-NFA-CGN ~ DVC ~
    - Slow is smooth, smooth is fast
    - Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    If you are interested in feedback, I have used these in the past and find two separate control knobs a no go. If I am holding a gun or tool or door in one hand and I need to adjust volume, it is not practical. Ignoring the company claims, the competition makes high quality muffs with single controls. That is my experience.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP View Post
    My opinion as to why 6000 hits without many purchases.

The $100 models are big and bulky when compared to equally performing competitor models selling for less.
    Same theory for the rest of the line up, when compared to the competition these are big and bulky and often more expensive.

My 2 cents
    Thanks for your opinion.
    I see that concern on the 30NRR models, as they are REALLY bulky.
    The Predator and Ultra Sleek models in links below are pretty much standard size to any other models. Yes, there are few even thinner/lower profile, but they have 18-19NRR, one has lower 20'sNRR, and having a safe NRR range is little more important than little thinner profile (IMHO), of which most models I sell are 25-26NRR.
    18-19 NRR I believes allows too high bang sounds to get thru. Pro Ears has 19NRR models as well, but just saying the higher rating, the safer.

http://www.opaextreme.com/product/Pr...or-Gold-Series

http://www.opaextreme.com/product/Pr...---Ultra-Sleek

http://http://www.opaextreme.com/pro...---Pro-Tac-200

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    If you are interested in feedback, I have used these in the past and find two separate control knobs a no go. If I am holding a gun or tool or door in one hand and I need to adjust volume, it is not practical. Ignoring the company claims, the competition makes high quality muffs with single controls. That is my experience.
    Thanks for that. I can see the convenience of one volume knob, for sure. And this will be a positive/negative for various folks. I have guys tell me they have hearing problem in one ear, so they like that they can adjust one side higher. Definitely, a feature that has pros and cons.
    Thanks for your feedback.
    What's your feedback on comfort, NRR performance, and sound quality , etc.. ?

Quote Originally Posted by OPA Extreme View Post
    From what many users report these are high quality, comfortable products.
    - Elite System Performance
    - IPSC-IDPA-CSSA-CCFR-NFA-CGN ~ DVC ~
    - Slow is smooth, smooth is fast
    - Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OPA Extreme View Post
    My last pro ears are over 20 years old and the ear cups and electronics are toast but I seem to remember them being as comfortable as any. I have two different Peltor's and one has the electronics completely failed very early on and the second starting to crackle but the last pair is probably 10 years old. NRR are comparable and so is price with other similar brands in the higher quality range. I would have to look at all the most recent models at the same time to make an honest comparison. Two knobs is still a turn off if you excuse the pun. It's the deal breaker.

Business Member
    [QUOTE
    =MustangFrank;12465740]My last pro ears are over 20 years old and the ear cups and electronics are toast but I seem to remember them being as comfortable as any. I have two different Peltor's and one has the electronics completely failed very early on and the second starting to crackle but the last pair is probably 10 years old. NRR are comparable and so is price with other similar brands in the higher quality range. I would have to look at all the most recent models at the same time to make an honest comparison. Two knobs is still a turn off if you excuse the pun. It's the deal breaker.[/QUOTE]

If the electronics are still good on your old pro ears, I sell
    the repair kits for them.

Business Member
    Here's link to that and there's another option as well, which I still have to put on my website...but this one is likely to fit the older model you have.

http://www.opaextreme.com/product/Pr...aintenance-Kit
    Last edited by OPA Extreme; 03-24-2016 at 09:17 PM.