Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Cz 958 newsflash

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Our goal will be to try and keep the basic rifle at a low price this may mean she is only supplied with two mags and everything else is optional.
    Maybe there can be a price consideration for the accessories if you order with the 958 vs regular price for optional add ons without ie buying them separately later?

I suppose extra magazines would be the most popular item.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    I know its hard to offer different package, but for me personally I wouldn't care if it only came with one mag and a bayonet. Or even if it came with no mag and no accessories.

The important is to keep the price low imo. To us fans of the platform it's not so bad but for a random gun owner it might be harder to see the value in a 1500$ 958 compare to a 800$ su16, 200$ sks, a 1600$ mr1 or a 1000$ csa.

So to me price is key.

Glad to see these guns become a reality in canada I admit i didn't think it would happen. Thanks wolverine for these new beaut's.... Hmmm...now how to convince the wife that we need one of these....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So a realistic time line for the 958 could be 6 months to a year away?? Depends on what the factory has booked??? So are the 858's still on their way??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I hope to have all the details finalised before Christmas, as it is over three years since the conception of the CZ 958 a lot has changed in the way of availability of parts, accessories' and their costs as well as the exchange rate. Our goal will be to try and keep the basic rifle at a low price this may mean she is only supplied with two mags and everything else is optional.

I would be interested to hear customers views on this
    Depends what is on the basic rifle. For me getting mags would the main thing. As long as it has a threaded muzzle I can add accessories later.

Ben

basic rifle at low price please....
    with option to upgrade and save on xtras

I would say the rifle with basic synthetic furniture, threaded barrel, railed receiver and two mags would be more than enough! I think my original CZ came with a cleaning kit, mag pouch and sheathed bayo that would only be useful if it was put on display. Otherwise all the extras just sit around and collect dust.

Having sufficient secondary market supply would be a big hit too. If you can get items like extended mag release, ambi safety, mags, brakes, CZ 958 "special" bayo stocks and handguards right off the bat would be a huge bonus too. In a perfect world though...

This is good news. I have funds waiting for this.
    Everything Is For Sale, It Just Depends How Much You Want To Spend

offer a longer barrel variant for a limited production run I would be up for one with a 20-22" heavy barrel probally still get a regular length barrel anyways
    Back to the Grind

Well done Mr. H.
    I'm in for the basic model...
    We shall pass this way on Earth but once, if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again - Stephen Grellet
    East Grey Hunters & Anglers Association (visit us at http://eghaa.ca)