Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Cz 958 newsflash

CGN Regular
    I am still a fan of the old style folding stock and the four pack of 5/30 mags. Would probably buy a bayonet if one wasn't included. Threaded muzzle would also be nice
    Canada Hey??? Almost made it...........

Super GunNutz
    I dig it. Tagged.

Basic hunter model with 1 or 2 mags, no accessories is all I need.
    Tyrell: "More human than human" is our motto.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    I bet the price will be over $1000
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

Don't mean to be a douche but why would someone pick the 958 over the regular vz58 or cz858?

I understand the full length rail is a big plus but I am sure the 4 inch csa LPM rail and chrome lined barrel would more than make up for the full length, especially with the corrosive ammo we shoot through these guns.

Will the rail affect ejection and cause shells to go right back into the action once in a while? This would be a huge issue. If they have found a way to modify the shell ejection trajectory that would be a huge plus and koodoos to them!

Keeping my eyes open for this one and waiting to hear more.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albguy40 View Post
    Don't mean to be a douche but why would someone pick the 958 over the regular vz58 or cz858?

I understand the full length rail is a big plus but I am sure the 4 inch csa LPM rail and chrome lined barrel would more than make up for the full length, especially with the corrosive ammo we shoot through these guns.

Will the rail affect ejection and cause shells to go right back into the action once in a while? This would be a huge issue. If they have found a way to modify the shell ejection trajectory that would be a huge plus and koodoos to them!

All is dependent on price. I personally don't put great weight on chrome line barrel as cleaning is a must anyway. The thing is I am not a big fan of csa due to all there problems and quality control. And the gremlin thing well its a 2 min fix that cost nothing and does not requier any tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Albguy40 View Post

Just watching the vid on Page 7, it looks like brass is ejected on more of a horizontal plane. There is a big chunk missing out of the rail which probably gives the cartridge more clearance when ejecting too. I don't see a ton of differences apart from those though, but I'm still really excited we'll be getting these rifles back into the market up here.

Congratulations John and thank you for all your work.

I am excited to see this approved. Price will be the deciding factor for this guy. $1000 or less and I am in. Anything more then that before tax and I'm going to spend the extra few hundred on a used xcr-l or tavor. just my 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by pipeliner View Post
    I am excited to see this approved. Price will be the deciding factor for this guy. $1000 or less and I am in. Anything more then that before tax and I'm going to spend the extra few hundred on a used xcr-l or tavor. just my 2cents
    +1, I totally agree. I think the sweet spot for this rifle depending on the final package would be $800-1000. If it has the slick black finish of the CSA VZ's, railed receiver, threaded muzzle, synthetic furniture and 4 mags, I'm happy to drop $1000