zastava m07 in 308 and 7.62x54!!

rally guy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Would that be a possibility, kind of neet in 7.62x54, could put all that surplus to good use!

lk-m07_0.png

sporting rifle M07 Match is based on popular Mauser action,#which, in cmbination with heavy barrel, provides extremely high precision.

The basis of this rifle is M808.

Sporting rifle M07 Match has a stock of changeable geometry (changeable length and height), which provides the#shooters to adapt the rifle to their body shape.#

The receiver is of polygonal shape and Picatinny rail (botha parts are made of one block of steel).#

adaptable, detachable bipod, are connected to the pin placed on the front part of the stock.

The barrel is higly accurate and precise and it is made of chrome-vanadium steel, by cold forging.

Finish of the metal parts is fine and anti-reflective.

The receiver of the rifle is of polygonal shape and it has a Pcatinny rail (both parts are made of one block of steel). The rail provides low assembly of optical-electronic devices and their use increases accuracy and precision of the rifle.

Assembly barrel-receiver provides continuous movement of the bolt.

The rifle has mechanical safety.

Trigger mechanism - DAT (the possibility to slightly move the trigger forward and get small trigger pull).

The magazine is detachable, made of polymer

Not to thread hijack from Canada Ammo, but I spoke with another dealer about this rifle a couple of years ago and their response was 2000 CAD. Mind you that was when our dollar was almost the same as US if not in our favour.

Whats the point of having a target rifle, if you just wanna shoot cheap milsurp ammo? I wouldn't want milsurp ammo anywhere near a $2000 gun - If Im gonna drop that kinda coin on a rifle I can spend the money to reload good ammo, or buy the quality stuff.

If you wanna shoot milsurp ammo, then just get a Mosin or SVT-40.

^^^^^

To answer your question, to practice with. Then when the time comes to shoot good ammo perhaps during a competition you feel completely comfortable and confident with your target rifle.

At least that's why I'd run surplus through a $2000 rifle. I try to use the items I purchase in my life. The saying "I bought it to use it!" often rings through my mind. After spending $2000 on a rifle I personally would need all the savings I could to be able to enjoy it on a regular basis.

What's wrong with shooting surplus anyway? A thorough cleaning should take care of any differences no? I'd really like to know if there is some other harm that could come to the barrel. FMJ vs the softer lead reloads perhaps??

What's wrong with shooting surplus anyway? A thorough cleaning should take care of any differences no? I'd really like to know if there is some other harm that could come to the barrel. FMJ vs the softer lead reloads perhaps??

I think the usual issue people see is that surplus ammo isn't held to the same exacting standards as, say, match ammo. The powder weight/exact bullet dimensions/etc aren't the same on all rounds, therefor over long range you're accuracy won't be what it could be with higher end ammunition

I think the usual issue people see is that surplus ammo isn't held to the same exacting standards as, say, match ammo. The powder weight/exact bullet dimensions/etc aren't the same on all rounds, therefor over long range you're accuracy won't be what it could be with higher end ammunition

This.

There is nothing wrong with shooting surplus ammo, even in a $2000 gun. But you aren't going to get good practice with inconsistent crappy ammo either. If you want to practice with your target rifle, which to me means trying to shoot small groups consistently, you are going to require ammo that is up to that task.

Back
Top Bottom