Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: zastava m07 in 308 and 7.62x54!!

Not to thread hijack from Canada Ammo, but I spoke with another dealer about this rifle a couple of years ago and their response was 2000 CAD. Mind you that was when our dollar was almost the same as US if not in our favour.
    "Optimists these days learn English, pessimists learn Chinese, but realists learn how to operate an AK-47."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tengoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    I don't expect we'll see much more from Zastava.
    Why?

Could a .308 rifle be rechambered for the 7.62x54?
    "Pity the poor opponents of the right to keep and bear arms! They must distrust just everybody except criminals and except
    the tyrant to whom they concede the armed monopoly of their protection." -- Pierre Lemieux [LIBERTY Magazine Nov. '97]

CGN frequent flyer
    How about the M07 AS/AF wow tactical drool spitting cheap ammo all day
    CCFR Member

Would love to get one in the military config

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengoo View Post
    Why?

Could a .308 rifle be rechambered for the 7.62x54?
    The usual business reasons.

rechambering is tough due to the rimmed case

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Whats the point of having a target rifle, if you just wanna shoot cheap milsurp ammo? I wouldn't want milsurp ammo anywhere near a $2000 gun - If Im gonna drop that kinda coin on a rifle I can spend the money to reload good ammo, or buy the quality stuff.

If you wanna shoot milsurp ammo, then just get a Mosin or SVT-40.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

^^^^^

To answer your question, to practice with. Then when the time comes to shoot good ammo perhaps during a competition you feel completely comfortable and confident with your target rifle.

At least that's why I'd run surplus through a $2000 rifle. I try to use the items I purchase in my life. The saying "I bought it to use it!" often rings through my mind. After spending $2000 on a rifle I personally would need all the savings I could to be able to enjoy it on a regular basis.

What's wrong with shooting surplus anyway? A thorough cleaning should take care of any differences no? I'd really like to know if there is some other harm that could come to the barrel. FMJ vs the softer lead reloads perhaps??

Quote Originally Posted by MuthaFunk View Post
    What's wrong with shooting surplus anyway? A thorough cleaning should take care of any differences no? I'd really like to know if there is some other harm that could come to the barrel. FMJ vs the softer lead reloads perhaps??
    I think the usual issue people see is that surplus ammo isn't held to the same exacting standards as, say, match ammo. The powder weight/exact bullet dimensions/etc aren't the same on all rounds, therefor over long range you're accuracy won't be what it could be with higher end ammunition
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    I think the usual issue people see is that surplus ammo isn't held to the same exacting standards as, say, match ammo. The powder weight/exact bullet dimensions/etc aren't the same on all rounds, therefor over long range you're accuracy won't be what it could be with higher end ammunition
    This.

There is nothing wrong with shooting surplus ammo, even in a $2000 gun. But you aren't going to get good practice with inconsistent crappy ammo either. If you want to practice with your target rifle, which to me means trying to shoot small groups consistently, you are going to require ammo that is up to that task.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

I want.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast