Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coonan 1911 .357Mag

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Cannon View Post
    Does it fire a standard .357 round, or a .357 Sig, or something a bit different?

Cannon
    A blast from the past. Don't understand the logic of revolver round in a automatic.
    This is revolver round 357 magnum. Feeding is not 100% reliable.
    Maybe a good gimmick to sell a new gun 20 years ago. AutoMag is out of favor these day.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Clock View Post
    A blast from the past. Don't understand the logic of revolver round in a automatic.
    Maybe a good gimmick to sell a new gun 20 years ago. AutoMag is out of favor these day.
    Maybe there is something wrong with yours. Mine is 100% reliable. AutoMag out of favour? Huh. I guess they better stop the plans to release them again.

CGN frequent flyer
    Don't understand the logic of revolver round in a automatic.
    What a shock, the Glock guy doesn't understand unique firearms! I kid......sort of.

The Coonan isn't my cup of tea, but I certainly enjoy my S&W 52. Sometimes it's nice to get away from convention and have something that draws attention. I'm sure the Coonan is quite good at drawing a crowd.

Well, Its not my cup of tea. I rather had a light weighted DE 357 magnum or classic 45ACP 1911.

I owned 2 different DE's (.357, .50ae) and I've fired the .44, I've owned two different 10mm's (G20 and a Delta) and I'm super fussy about how pistols feel. I'm all about the feel... my favourite I own and will never sell is my .45/70 BFR amd my custom Desert Warrior. My favourite I've sold and still regret, was a custom IPSC G17, most accurate pistol I've ever shot, other than my buddies M23.

All that being said, fussy or not, I love these things... I can't wait to try one and hopefully own one.

I don't mean to derail (too much) but the Coonan has little to no mechanical comparisons with an original Auto Mag, other than being made of stainless steel. Perhaps one of the later 1911 style models like the Automag III's, IV's or V's, but even those have substantial differences in the overall design.
    Whatever model you were referring to, just who is the Auto Mag (or Automag) out of favour with? That's a good one. God, I wish I had fallen for that 'gimmick' 20 years ago, and bought twenty of them. With either the Coonan or the Auto Mag, ... or, you could also extend the comparison to any high performance obscure and collectable pistol, like also say, a Bren Ten,... it's mostly about the sexiness and bling factor, always was, and comparing them to, say, plastic frame duty pistols, is like apples and oranges. They're not bought for utilitarian reasons, and have their own appeal which must escape some people I suppose. That's great, because now apparently I shouldn't have to worry about as much competition if I'm shopping for one of those vintage pistols.
    Cheers. ;-D
    Last edited by El_Monty457; 02-05-2017 at 02:29 AM.

Okay, I apologized. I loved Coonan. It is a beautiful gun.
    It is rare. Highly collectible. Get attention.
    I once considered buy one. I was only loading 357.

Bren Ten is the one I missed. Put deposit, and never showed up.

I loved mine but sold it as I was tired of searching for the brass that flew out 15 feet away. Not bad if you were shooting indoors. Anyway if you can afford one I would.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    I think people buy this for the fire balls / ring of fire.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123