A few custom built 870 for sale

badboybeeson

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 97.2%
610   18   5
As many that know me, I love building custom shotguns, while I cant really put a dollar value on the amount of hours I put into them... here are a few completed.
we have about 30 in different stages of being built.
If you are looking for perfection, you may find what you are looking for here.
while these guns do look amazing, they are work guns, they are ready for your worst day you can give them.
Every effort is made to make sure you can bet you life on it, if needed.
Things like polished chambers, non MIM exstractors and new springs are standard on S&J built guns.

Custom 870 wingmaster 14 inch factory Bbl.
Striped and honed action.

Smoothed and polished action inside and out including magazine tube.
Stripped, honed and bead finished in titanium nitrate ( gold look)
Stripped polished and bead blasted trigger pins, stock nut, and forend nut
Polished chrome bolt and carrier
Metal complete trigger group
Drill and tap for M1913 spec scope base
New hammer and trigger spring
Bead blast and Mil spec phosphate finish every steel part but it’s self
Remove old extractor and install new extractor.
Magpul MOE SG stock set, .

Install 4140 steel over sized safety button
Install No jam bright green machined magazine follower
Cut install and test +power high quality magazine spring (650,000 cycle life)
Install solid machined 4140 steel +1 tube
single point sling plate

Supply 1x 6 shot black ( Detachable shot shell carrier) (customer to install as they wish)
14 inch Factory barrel NIB 3 inch chambered,
Finish in Cerakote Burnt bronze

Price $1099 +tax

New 870 express

One of our display guns

Likely racked a bunch of times, but has nor been shot

870 express magnum
14 inch factory barrel
+1 mag tube
New 870 police exstractor
S&J no jam follower and long life spring
single point sling mount
Magpul but stock
Slightly used surefire 618fa weapons light

$1049 +tax

Last edited:
nice..love the burnt bronze..

but for 1k plus.....a choked barrel would make the deal waaay more tempting...and a cheap and easy upgrade on your end....

can you tell me more about how cheap and eazy it is to machine for choke tubes one at a time?
Id like to know how this is done.
when we start getting our own 870 barrles made in the new year some will be threaded for choke tubes, some will not be, as some clients need guns with out choke.

The parts we make at S&J are production, not one offs, I don't even ask the CNC guys to drill and Tap for scope base.
for me to machine and install a choke tube id have to ask another $100 , just to cover my time and also the crazy price Remington charges for a basic choke tube.
To me that's not cheap or easy.

nice..love the burnt bronze..

but for 1k plus.....a choked barrel would make the deal waaay more tempting...and a cheap and easy upgrade on your end....

why would you want a choked barrel on a tactical shotgun? are you really going to take this skeet shooting?.....i have seen this mentioned several time in several threads about people wanting tactical shotguns with choked barrels i really dont understand

why would you want a choked barrel on a tactical shotgun? are you really going to take this skeet shooting?.....i have seen this mentioned several time in several threads about people wanting tactical shotguns with choked barrels i really dont understand

Comes in handy for knocking over steel plates with birdshot and who says you can't hunt with a tactical shotgun. You can always put in a cylinder choke if you want.

Nice work Simon!

Regarding chokes, I would have all my shotguns with a Rem Choke if I could.

More than half my short barrel shotguns are choked. Only two of them are not.

In my experience, slugs almost invariably perform better from a modified choke, as well as smaller buckshot (#1 and #4)...

Hey Simon. Well I'm a slug guy as many shorty shotgun guys are and having chokes is not something I personally would pay more for. Clearly Your mileage may vary with regard to the level of importance others seem to place on threaded barrels

For me, cylinder provides reasonable accuracy all day long with Remington or better quality slugs.

can you tell me more about how cheap and eazy it is to machine for choke tubes one at a time?
Id like to know how this is done.
when we start getting our own 870 barrles made in the new year some will be threaded for choke tubes, some will not be, as some clients need guns with out choke.

The parts we make at S&J are production, not one offs, I don't even ask the CNC guys to drill and Tap for scope base.
for me to machine and install a choke tube id have to ask another $100 , just to cover my time and also the crazy price Remington charges for a basic choke tube.
To me that's not cheap or easy.

For starters, im not a gunsmith...and have no idea whatsoever how busy you are, and what it would take for you to do this....but you dont have to get snippy just because i made a fair suggestion about what i (and many) others i know who also like chokes.....
Simple fact of the matter, most guys arent going to run around pretending to be "TACTICAL" with a so-called tactical shotgun.....most short shotguns are bush guns,used for for wilderness protection and the such. I work in the bush and sometimes a short shotty is the best thing to have for security...whether its so called tactical or not..
if i am up in the arctic or waaay back in the bush in northern bc, chokes are ideal for knocking down ptarmigan or rabbits or arctic ground squirrel (which are everywhere up there)in a survival situation which is part of a realistic scenario for my line of work. I know a few pilots who have said they wished they could buy these barrels pre choked as they have to order them online, and dont always have access to a gunsmith...
sorry if i insulted you...and that wasnt my intention...i just was making a simple request...

btw thanks for getting my 400.00 order out to me so quick, the order had an issue, it was resolved thu email immediatly....and i received it today....i came to this thread to thank you publicly for such great service.......but unfortunatly had to reply to your response....

Last edited:
For starters, im not a gunsmith...and have no idea whatsoever how busy you are, and what it would take for you to do this....but you dont have to get snippy just because i made a fair suggestion about what i (and many) others i know who also like chokes.....
Simple fact of the matter, most guys arent going to run around pretending to be "TACTICAL" with a so-called tactical shotgun.....most short shotguns are bush guns,used for for wilderness protection and the such. I work in the bush and sometimes a short shotty is the best thing to have for security...whether its so called tactical or not..
if i am up in the arctic or waaay back in the bush in northern bc, chokes are ideal for knocking down ptarmigan or rabbits or arctic ground squirrel (which are everywhere up there)in a survival situation which is part of a realistic scenario for my line of work. I know a few pilots who have said they wished they could buy these barrels pre choked as they have to order them online, and dont always have access to a gunsmith...
sorry if i insulted you...and that wasnt my intention...i just was making a simple request...

btw thanks for getting my 400.00 order out to me so quick, the order had an issue, it was resolved thu email immediatly....and i received it today....i came to this thread to thank you publicly for such great service.......but unfortunatly had to reply to your response....

Slim
you are right, was about a ####y answer. Sorry for that.
Bit of a frustrating day.
bbb

np man...we all get those days...

Shows real class to say that......I thank you for that...and be assured I will be back forking over my cash to you in the future :)
Keep up the great work...its awesome to have a vendor respond so quickly to an email issue and get it resolved.....by the way the quality of your product was top notch :)

Haha I have some of those Costco gas cans too. Very good cause they have a vent and are not as big and take less room than the older style red cans. THey are lighter to lift when full too which is easier on the back and less spillage. Nice shottys too BTW.

Back
Top Bottom