Thread: Port Elgin, ON M14 Clinic Sunday 10 January 2016 - Debrief here!!

Business Member

Port Elgin, ON M14 Clinic Sunday 10 January 2016 - Debrief here!!

Update: 09 December 2015 ONLY ONE seat left.....

Yes, it's official; The Duck and I are working together to have another M14 Clinic up in the Western ON area....

When: Sun 10 Jan 2016, starting at 0900 and finishing around 1600. So gather for 0830 and casual start for 0900

How Much?: $ 50 for the day

Where: Port Elgin Gun Club

Directions:

The venue will be the Port Elgin Sportsmen's Club indoor range.

It is at fire number 811 Lehnen Street in Port Elgin Ontario. Google map shows the rough location and the street view shows the long skinny green building that is the range. The address on the street view is off but the building is on its own so is easy to spot. The facilities are cozy and simple. Parking is on the road ( no parking meters to worry about).

The only hazard will be avoiding snowmobiles whizzing by those doing barrel indexing on the street. We are on the edge of town and the snowmobile trail goes right by the range door.

Simple directions are; from highway 21 or Godrich Street as it is named in town, turn onto River Street.

The landmark is the movie theater. You will be turning inland away from Lake Huron and away from the theater.

Take River Street till it bends left at the cemetery and now you are on Lehnen Street. Head down River Street about 300 meters or so and look for the long green steel clad building. It is the only building on that section of road.

You will not be able to shoot in this range as it is only approved for handgun and .22 rimfire rifle.

* EMT of $50 gets you a spot on the clinic
    * I'm taking a maximum of 6 people

EMT Information:

Name: Tactical Teacher
    Question: What is your Original CGN handle?
    Answer: hungry (all low caps so I cannot mess things up)
    Email address: hungry556 AT bell dot net

Somewhere in the EMT, remind me of your CGN handle and which clinic it's for (CQB, PR, or M14)

Update on ability to re-index: I will bring my Mac's Trail DeVise and attach it to my trailer hitch/receiver 2". It might be cold but we can git 'er done!

Cheers,
    Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 01-10-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Is the one seat now taken?

I just purchased an M14 and want it to be my winter project so I am ready for the spring when the snow melts.

Thanks

Business Member
    I got space for YOU, Bostonrocks... that's gonna fill all the seats.

You still want in??

Cheers,
    Barney

Definitely interested, as I can actually walk to the gun club.

Do I need to be a member of the Port Elgin Gun club to register?

Let me know what I need to do to reserve the spot and what I need to bring with me to maximum my learning for the day.

Thanks,

Bostonrocks

CGN frequent flyer
    No need to be a member.

Hey Barney,
    If you are doing another course into the new year, I want in. We can use ww.eghaa.ca facilities if you need another location.

Minnie.
    Member of CSSA, NFA, OFSC, EGAH
    All brass proceeds support club functions (take a kid fishing derby)

Business Member
    Wow, that sure was a fun day at the Port Elgin Gun Club. We had the six M14 lovers there and it sure was fun to be back in the M14 saddle once again after my September 13 2015 Calgary TSE clinic.

Thanks go out to the point man "The Duck" and his buddy John who opened the clubhouse and got things rolling in the wee hours of the morning.

The drive back was about 2 hours and a bit cruising on the icy Hwy 21 as the squalls blew in from Lake Huron shoreline. All safe now and glad to be home and resting.

So what were your take aways from this learning experience?

* cleaning your gas system with copper or bore cleaner and then shooting at the range?
    * greasing your M14 rifle while in and out of the rifle stock?
    * greasing your M14 while it's bedded into a stock?
    * adjusting the tension on your windage knob?
    * adjusting a 1907 sling?
    * How about tightening your op rod guide?
    * removing a flash suppressor?

Go ahead and let us know what you remember most from today's lessons!

Cheers,
    Barney

I couldn't make it out to this one but I sure hope you guys have something else planned for this winter!

"I believe there is no absolute limit to perfection, therefore I am never fully satisfied, especially with myself." (Gen. F.F. Worthington)

CGN frequent flyer
    I thank Tactical Teacher for coming over and spreading the M14 joy. Work got in the way for me but the feedback I got was the group enjoyed themselves.