Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sure shot EXPLODING RIMFIRE TARGETS

Expired Business Member

Sure shot EXPLODING RIMFIRE TARGETS

Sure Rimfire Sensitive Targets

Hi all. We've had quite a few PM's asking questions about the Rimfire Magnum Target that we produce so i thought I'd make a post explaining what the product is and what calibres it can be used with.

WHAT IS THE SURE SHOT RIMFIRE MAGNUM? - The Sure Shot Rimfire Magnum is a safe Rimfire sensitive binary exploding target that works within 100 yards with a .22lr and most hand gun calibres IF you can hit it!
    It is also good for use with shotguns, buckshot, slugs etc we do advise not to use birdshot or target loads.

The Rimfire Magnum is also a precision tool for the long range shooter that wants a positive report when they hit the target at 1000 yards. That 1000 yard shot with a .308 is not possible with most Centrefire Binary targets because the bullet has lost too much velocity by the time it gets to the target. The rimfire magnum however is very reliable at that distance and has been used by the US military as a target indicator.

CLASSIFICATION - The target went though rigorous testing procedures with the federal government here in Canada, passed every safety test and is classed the same as a standard binary target meaning all of the same laws apply in regards to purchase limits and use etc, it is however limited to 1/2lb targets since 1lb was deemed too powerful.

MIXING THE RIMFIRE MAGNUM - There is an extra step involved, the larger bag containing the white ingredients will often have large chunks inside, make sure to crush those in the bag before fully mixing the target. See
    the mixing video below explaining this produced by the Gould Brothers exhibition Shooting team (product in the video has the American labeling but is the same target)

Cheers The Sure Shot Team - Canada

Additives have been added to certain targets in this video, they do not produce a fire ball.

Last edited by Sure Shot Canada; 12-09-2015 at 07:25 PM.

Will this work with 9mm?
    Owning a firearm is not a privilege, it is your right. Protect it.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StrelokRussia View Post
    Will this work with 9mm?
    It sure will! make sure that you are at a safe distance from the target though. if you get some video post it here!

Cheers

Nice. Is there a good and safe place I could shoot it in the lower mainland?
    Owning a firearm is not a privilege, it is your right. Protect it.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StrelokRussia View Post
    Nice. Is there a good and safe place I could shoot it in the lower mainland?
    You can shoot our targets at Thomson Mountain Sportsmans Association in Pitt Meadows any day of the week, we have a dedicated Sure Shot range there. I can be found there most Sunday's doing R&D, come on over and say hello!

Cheers

The rim fire ones, how far away should I put them?

Is this the same as the regular ones?
    I shot these but the blast was so huge I thought they were bigger than the one pound.

Saw a guy shooting one of these I think at 50 yards with a 9mm pistol.
    Is that safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Foofer View Post
    The rim fire ones, how far away should I put them?

Is this the same as the regular ones?
    I shot these but the blast was so huge I thought they were bigger than the one pound.
    My kid shot one last weekend with the Sure Shot guys there and we were about 50 yards away. The big thing it to elevate the target on a coffee cup or something to minimize rocks and other things flying at you. Also if you are blowing something up with it like fruit/veg or stuffed animal, make sure to place the target in front of these items so they blast backwards and away from you.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 300_blackout View Post
    My kid shot one last weekend with the Sure Shot guys there and we were about 50 yards away. The big thing it to elevate the target on a coffee cup or something to minimize rocks and other things flying at you. Also if you are blowing something up with it like fruit/veg or stuffed animal, make sure to place the target in front of these items so they blast backwards and away from you.
    I remember you and your little guy! I'm sorry for not sending over the video We took of him shooting the Rimfire Magnum, I'll send it over too you right now.

It was great meeting you btw and feel free to post the video here.

Cheers

CGN Regular
    trick question.

what ranges in CANADA are allowed to use these reactive targets?
    You've never lived until you've almost died.
    Life has an excitement the protected will never know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast