Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remmy M700 Stock meets Magpul 700 Magazine adapter... the Dremel Approach

Business Member

Remmy M700 Stock meets Magpul 700 Magazine adapter... the Dremel Approach

I wanted to see what a Franken Tupperware stock project would look like so I ordered the Magpul M700 :

https://www.magpul.com/products/bolt...nter-700-stock

from CTCS (Supples) a Board sponsor / dealer here on CGNutz... they sold me the kit for $115 plus taxes and mailing. Life is good.

Materials Needed:

* Magpul 700 Magazine Well Kit
    * Dremel tool, cordless is wimpy with limited battery life
    * grinding bits of all sorts
    * some sand paper to smooth things over
    * vacuum cleaner to get rid of the black SPS Stock Tupperware chips/bits

The Start:

The kit you need: https://www.magpul.com/products/bolt...nter-700-stock

Okay we got started on 09 Dec 2015, but for some reason I had 8 pictures wiped out and I never saved them on my smartphone camera.. So I have to highlight some of the steps I took...

In summary with out the pictures, my step by step conflicts:

* More conflict areas just in front of the trigger guard

*I had a conflict in front of the bottom mag well, especially an alignment ridge in the front end, so I ground this centering rib off the magazine well front end

*Now I have to attack the sides...

I had to widen the bottom metal sides along the stock......

* Then i had to widen the contours along the sides of the trigger guard and the receiver screw holes, few gentle passes with the Dremel

* It's dropping in nicely....

Okay, it's done now and my son has been home for the past week and I can complete this project... Here are the remaining pictures after having had my other photos wiped out off Photobucket Library (maybe it was me.... I'm still new at this game)

It's installed and the action screws are the same ones from the bottom metal when I had replaced it at the start of the project. So now we are all tightened up. Look at the surrounding contours... Not bad fit, but I can use JB Quick and fill in any gaps.

Have a look at the M12 drill in 2 settings for varying speeds. I also included my trusty Dremel tool in the background.

Here is a side shot of the barreled receiver inside the stock and the Magpul bottom kit installed and tightened up. Look at the profile conflict. The Magpul magazine kit is bottomed out already and that's as low and tight as she will go. I'm not trimming the polymer excess, that process may compromise the structural integrity...

Another view of the side profile, but from the opposite side:

And this is the last picture I've got of the right side profile.

In conclusion:

It's been a fun project and I'm going to find another YOUTH stock or another SPS stock to continue this project on the second attempt. I'll do this again, except I won't take as long. I'm just gonna go hard and fast at the SPS stock with the right bits and go crazy since I know how much to carve out this second time around.

At least you can see the 2 major tools I used to get this job done. It's really a simple project and I quite enjoyed the fitting process. Now I can go lots faster.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post. My apologies for getting my other pictures wiped out, you know, from the very first day. Sorry about all that.

TTYL

Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 12-18-2015 at 05:39 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Looking real good!!!

I like where this is going.

Great work Barney

B
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Awesome!! Looking good so far.
    CSSA Member

BANNED
    Man .... that stock is ugly.

Bottom "metal" looks good though. Looking forward to the completion. Might pick up the MagPul for my LTR. Thanks for posting this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Nice!
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Thanks for posting. My magpul dbm showed up a couple days ago and I was apprehensively looking at it and my $$ fiberglass stock... Hope I don't screw up! If I take it slow I should be ok.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    Lol yep, that's me for sure bud!

Business Member
    Remember I am working with a factory Tupperware stock; you can only make it better.

Have at her!!

Cheers
    Barney

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Remember I am working with a factory Tupperware stock; you can only make it better.

Have at her!!

Cheers
    Barney
    HA !! Good point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast